• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liquids after surgery

starryeyed

Good afternoon :)

have been trying to stick to the list the doctor has given me.

Regarding soups - was anyone cautious of the content and the consistency?

I've been really struggling with a soup that i can stomach and have been ninja'ing everything with some milk and then seiving it to make the soups i can stomach 'liquid friendly'

is this okay?

Also I've been struggling with complan/slimfast. But today i found a soup called 'i am souper' which is 4.2g fat 13g carbs 9g protein and compared to the oxtail soup seems around the same. The only reason i got these is because of the higher protein..

Anyone think this is okay?

Thank in advance - any suggestions welcome.x

I was told weight watchers tomato soup as it's very watery and no bits. The liquid stage means just that, liquid, no bits, no lumps no digestion. Your butchered stomach shouldn't be trying to digest anything. Slim fast is very sweet, I use it now but after my op it was too much at first. I drank chocolate milk a lot. Don't panic about protein the first few weeks it's important you heal properly and watch your staple line. Just keep sipping away! It's a trying stage!

I was told weight watchers tomato soup as it's very watery and no bits. The liquid stage means just that, liquid, no bits, no lumps no digestion. Your butchered stomach shouldn't be trying to digest anything. Slim fast is very sweet, I use it now but after my op it was too much at first. I drank chocolate milk a lot. Don't panic about protein the first few weeks it's important you heal properly and watch your staple line. Just keep sipping away! It's a trying stage!

thank you for your reply :) i learnt a couple of days ago i cant have the soup too thick. Now i'm adding more water and seiving and its a more watery consistency than it is soup. Have tried the ww soups and not getting on with them. I've made them so they are more like broth than soup :) still sipping... i feel like i need one of those beer hats. maybe they would be more helpful.

Thanks for your help :) x

I have found baxters soup the best i use electric hand blender to mush all contents into a liquid and thin if necessary but I haven't needed to they are tastier and have more veg in for nourishment. Also ready done chicken breasts in supermarkets chop up in light gravy and blitz goes to liquid and tastes like chicken ive mixed in 2 spoons of mash at least it tastes normal. Im only 10 days out so still learning. Im also adding semi skimmed milk powder to skimmed milk for extra protein. Hope this helps

Have you tried a smoothie ? I swear by them .. If you have a food processor you can make one ..
After I had my band done I drank them all the time and still do now for breakfast , it a god way to get all your pills , vits etc down you .. A normal smoothie for me is this
Coconut milk
Full fat Greek yogurt ( Fage usually )
A block of frozen spinach
2 types of fruit
Scoop of protein powder
Almond butter
Flax powder or seeds
Then I add all the chosen vit pills I take as well to it which grinds them all up ..

Have you tried a smoothie ? I swear by them .. If you have a food processor you can make one ..
After I had my band done I drank them all the time and still do now for breakfast , it a god way to get all your pills , vits etc down you .. A normal smoothie for me is this
Coconut milk
Full fat Greek yogurt ( Fage usually )
A block of frozen spinach
2 types of fruit
Scoop of protein powder
Almond butter
Flax powder or seeds
Then I add all the chosen vit pills I take as well to it which grinds them all up ..

Ooo thank you don't think we are advised to have fruits until week 6 ish with a sleeve. Deffo saving that recipe though sounds lush xx

You don't have to put fruit in at all .. Just make a smoothie with whatever your allowed ..xxxx

Hi can I have low fat vanilla ice cream on my first week liquids .... x obviously blended til runny x

Hi Anne , even though it's low fat it's going to have an awful lot of sugars put in to make up for flavour ..

I know some people on here have had sickness and dumping after high sugar items .. Maybe try a iced cup of milk with options hot hoc stirred in ?

Also ive been having two teaspoons of Horlicks in a cup of warm milk before bed as it helps with getting off to sleep x

Southampton have you had your op ? Have I missed your threads on here ! My sincere apologies if I have ! My brain is somewhat addled lately lol !
Mindy
Xxxx

Yes had it thursday x

You didn't miss anything I had login issue on the forum so couldn't post anything xxxx

Oh my gosh how are you ? And what did you have done in the end ?

Hi can I have low fat vanilla ice cream on my first week liquids .... x obviously blended til runny x
Try sugar free jellies by Hartley and own brand low fat no added sugar custard powder if you really need something sweet ! X make the custard a little thinner than usual obviously x good luck

Oh my gosh how are you ? And what did you have done in the end ?
Had the sleeve and im fine im tolerating everything so far and no big problems thank fully x lost 9lb since op !

Wowsers ! That's a lot of weight ! Well done ! ..

Thanks , hope you're doing well ? How's your band ? X

I don't want to kidnap Starrys thread but I'm doing really well ..pop to Banders cafe and have a natter with us all ..
Start your own diary thread also as I found it can be invaluable to look back on , plus it's a good place to find you !
Mindy
Xxx

Back