• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP! New member needing advice

chopperdod

Hi everyone,

My name's Andrew, I'll be 30 in August. I'm meeting with a doctor on Wednesday 25th of April, after having come to some harsh conclusions and realisations about my weight and myself. In September of last year I weighed in at 26st, my heaviest. I'd always been a big lad with a big appetite, and although I was big I was able to lose weight quite well when I put my mind to it, but it ALWAYS crept back on, usually because to lose the weight in the first place I would promise myself some kind of reward at the end of it. The reward usually being some kind of blow-out (food/booze etc.), which would just start the cycle all over again. So after 17 years of failed dieting I realised its not the losing weight that's the problem, its the keeping it off. I have a strained relationship when it comes to food. I hide it, I secretly eat, I don't like to be seen eating. This in turn has lead to all kinds of social problems, ie I'm practically a hermit now and this is putting strain on relationships with friends and family. I could go on...

Basically, I've pretty much made my mind up that I've got some problems and need help with them. I've watched practically every documentary on Gastric Bypass's, most recently Horizon: The Truth About Fat, which was fantastic, read testimonials, etc. I see the bypass as something that would help me no end.

I'm after your advice on how to bring this subject up with my GP, without just blurting out 'Can you staple my stomach please, as I can't be trusted around cream cakes'.....

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you in advance...

Andrew.

Back