• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

lisadee

Hi everybody I'm Lisa, age 42, busy working mum with 3 children, live in Salford, Manchester. Decided I needed drastic help after trying every diet & healthy eating I have unhappily struggled with my weight for around 15 years and i have now realised i'm a greedy yoyo dieter.

I had my consultation for a balloon/band last week and got my date for band surgery on Tuesday 23rd April, all within a matter of weeks since deciding to have surgery being the impatient person I am but i have given it a lot of thought for a long time. Worried as I have my son's birthday and staying at a spa the same time i start my preop diet next week.

Feeling nervous but also excited as I want to be healthy and live life to the full instead of feeling depressed and obsessed about being overweight.

Well done all of you out there and I look forward to joining you all on my weight loss journey! (weight 14 stone 10 lbs, 5 foot 6 inches, BMI 34.1 ish - obese).

Hope I've not overdone it but never posted or joined anything like this before but would appreciate any help or advice.
Lisa xx

Hi lisa im lou ive had my band for two and a half weeks. I am currently in loads of pain and want to cry but that's iodine not the band.

Any help or questions just ask.

Welcome. Xxx

Hiya, welcome to the forum :) I'm new here too :) Good luck on your journey - look forward to hearing about it :)

hi and welcome - I've had my band for 7 months, started with over a 54 bmi but in my 7 months am a couple of lb off losing 8 stone. It's not easy, it can tak a lot of willpower and self control, careful eating but it is a wonderful tool which if we work with can have great results :)

Hi and a big welcome Lisa. Congratulations on making the choice to take control of your future with your band.

I have had a band since july 2011, experienced no problems whatsoever with it. Love it and lost between 10 1/2 and 11 stones, and am now successfully maintaining (fluctuates during month) with the help of my silicone friend, together with focus and self control. I am not perfect .... But I try to stick to my providers rules ... The 5% of time I am not perfect, is all planned into the bigger scheme of things ... So I am always in control and don't fall off the band wagon.

As most providers say, 70% of the success of a bander comes from them themselves! Go in open-eyed / realistic, knowings its not necessarily a miracle tool, but a really really helpful backup to help the new you and that the journey is not always a straight one to the target destination for every bander (although for some it is) and you will be fine.

Ask here for the personal experience of banders and we are all willing to give our opinions (sometimes can provide a bit of tough love/kick up the ass too LOL) but first and foremost be prepared to follow the guidance of your provider.

Looking forward to reading your updates, and remember to take some 'before' piccies .... As we love a great success story! :)

Welcome Lisa, I was banded three weeks ago. I am 64 and have yo yo'd for 40 years and tried every diet under the sun, most of them work if you can stick with them, unfortunately I never could with my love of food and wine taking over. Although I will have no restriction from my band for some time yet I have found it easier to stick to the straight and narrow because I know the band is there and I am not prepared to do anything that might effect my progress. Good luck, Slaz x

Hi and welcome!

I've had my band for almost four years - good luck, not long now x

Hi lisa im lou ive had my band for two and a half weeks. I am currently in loads of pain and want to cry but that's iodine not the band.

Any help or questions just ask.

Welcome. Xxx

Hi Lou
Hope your feeling better what is causing your pain hope something can be done to help you!!

Do you get ant discomfort from the band are you able to eat anything. How much weight have you lost so far?

Thanks for your reply. Lisa xx

Hiya, welcome to the forum :) I'm new here too :) Good luck on your journey - look forward to hearing about it :)

Hi SleeveGirl

I will keep you uptodate let me know how you go on I'm scared of not loosing any weight before surgery & struggling with the pre op diet?

Thanks for your reply. Lisa xx

Hi lisa,

An infection is causing my pain its in my port incision. Im only on stage two so smooth mush so I dont know about what I cant eat yet. No pain from band itself. Since 19th march ive lost seventeen pounds.

They are fixing the infection so pain should go. Xxxx

Hiya and welcome.

I had band end of AUgust last year and am near the 5 stone mark.

Best thing I ever did.

Where you having your op at?

That's exactly why I'm worrying about Lisa, I know exactly how you feel. I'll find out on Thur next week what I have to do. Do you know if you're having a balloon or band? :)

Just joined yesterday good luck i. I am hoping 2 get the sleeve only time will tell. Got quite a way 2 go

hi im having my op done in salford royal, under prof ammori (spelling) good luck with you weightloss

Last edited:
hi and welcome - I've had my band for 7 months, started with over a 54 bmi but in my 7 months am a couple of lb off losing 8 stone. It's not easy, it can tak a lot of willpower and self control, careful eating but it is a wonderful tool which if we work with can have great results :)

Hi, thanks for your reply and well done you have come so far!! I hope I can do as well as you with my new tool ive not got much self control at the moment but I am ready for the change and really want to succeed I will keep you uptodate. Lisa xx

Hi and a big welcome Lisa. Congratulations on making the choice to take control of your future with your band.

I have had a band since july 2011, experienced no problems whatsoever with it. Love it and lost between 10 1/2 and 11 stones, and am now successfully maintaining (fluctuates during month) with the help of my silicone friend, together with focus and self control. I am not perfect .... But I try to stick to my providers rules ... The 5% of time I am not perfect, is all planned into the bigger scheme of things ... So I am always in control and don't fall off the band wagon.

As most providers say, 70% of the success of a bander comes from them themselves! Go in open-eyed / realistic, knowings its not necessarily a miracle tool, but a really really helpful backup to help the new you and that the journey is not always a straight one to the target destination for every bander (although for some it is) and you will be fine.

Ask here for the personal experience of banders and we are all willing to give our opinions (sometimes can provide a bit of tough love/kick up the ass too LOL) but first and foremost be prepared to follow the guidance of your provider.

Looking forward to reading your updates, and remember to take some 'before' piccies .... As we love a great success story! :)

Hi well done to you and thanks for all your encouragement and positivity my provider is THG and I keep reading over everything they have given me im like a sponge wanting to know as much as I can to be as prepared as I can be. Thanks again I will keep you all uptodate. Lisa xx

Welcome Lisa, I was banded three weeks ago. I am 64 and have yo yo'd for 40 years and tried every diet under the sun, most of them work if you can stick with them, unfortunately I never could with my love of food and wine taking over. Although I will have no restriction from my band for some time yet I have found it easier to stick to the straight and narrow because I know the band is there and I am not prepared to do anything that might effect my progress. Good luck, Slaz x

Hi Slaz, thanks for your reply and good luck on your weight loss journey. Have you been ok since surgery or lost much weight, do you have much to loose and when is your first fill?

I also feel very positive about my new tool and really want to be successful. Take care Lisa xx

Back