• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help no loss for 2 weeks!!!! WHY??

flossypants

Am 4 weeks post RNY on Monday but due to massive hemorrhage recovery slower than normal, I am eating 3 small meals and pint of milk with marvel powder in a day at around 800 to 900 cals and I have not lost at all??? Soooo frustrated, I am not up to walking outside just yet but have been pushing myself to do housework and stairs at least 5 times a day?
I am beginning to think why did I put myself & my family through all this to be just like I was before the op, as I would always lose a stone and never anything more as my body would not let me!
Feel really low today sorry?

Su2ie

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time with your recovery .
It's quite normal not to lose weight at this point, there are lots of people here who will tell you they experienced the same thing. Your body has been through a massive trauma - and yours more than normal! It takes a while to recover and find a balance. The weight will come off for sure, try and relax, be kind to yourself and don't get too hung up on what the scales say (yes, I know how difficult that is, we all do it!).
Take care of yourself and keep the faith, it will be worth it x

nicola1723

Yes your body is all over the place right now. I know it's frustrating but if you look after yourself and stick to the rules it will work. Don't worry about pushing the exercise too much. I've barely done any! X

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Yep, your first nine months will be full of stalls. Some lasting over a month. Best not to weigh yourself more often than one a fortnight as it leads to demoralisation and feelings of 'what's the point' ... ie what you have said in your post. We have all been there and yes of course it is frustrating. But the weight will come off - I lost mine in those first 9 months (size 24/26 to 10/12). As Nic says, stick to the rules and ditch the weighing and you will be fine xxxx

Leda

Hello and sorry to hear that you had a bad time . I sympathize with you, I'm 9 weeks post op and have only lost 23lb. Some weeks nothing and after a 2 week stall I put 3lb on! Couldn't understand how as I lost more before the op. Everyone told me that it would start soon, that my body had gone through a great trauma but all I could see was the massive losses my new friends were experiencing. But the lovely people on here were right, in the last couple of weeks I have found my loss has started again but only 2lb or so each week. I have decided to stop weighing myself and only be weighed when I see the dietician, Dr or surgeon. Its not worth the disappointment to be honest. Its not possible to eat so little and not lose in the long run but does help if you can be as active as your body will let you when you feel that you're fit enough but until then don't overdo it and give it some time. All the best x

Leda

Do you think llora? Everyone I know seemed to lose 3 stone in the first 2 months and 4 stone in 4 months. Thought I was a failure at one point. X

Su2ie

23lb in 9 weeks IS amazing!!

You really shouldn't compare your losses to others, we're all different and get there in our own time, slow and steady is always the best way. Keep up the good work hun, you're doing great x

Llora

Do you think llora? Everyone I know seemed to lose 3 stone in the first 2 months and 4 stone in 4 months. Thought I was a failure at one point. X

Oh its so personal! It depends on lots of things (age, myscle mass, your eating habits before op, hormones, starting weight and million of other reasons..) so you really can not compare :) i really think 23pounds in 9 weeks is amazing! :)

flossypants

Thanks ladies, really needed to hear your advice & support today, I have a feeling my body is going to fight me all the way as when I dieted I would always lose a stone within 1 month but then that's it no more loss and that's when I gave up, but hoped the bypass would kick start past the 1 stone mark and continue but I am confident I will get there, went for a walk today and felt exhausted after but happy xx

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Your body is in ketosis right now, burning up the fat you have stored. The body is aware that no new supplies are coming onboard and will therefore be reluctant to let much go. When you transit back onto solid foods you will feel much better and your weightloss will start again. This transit back to solids I found challenging. It is important you push through no matter how difficult it may be and then you will be able to gauge what you can tolerate (we are all different), your portion size will be miniscule in comparison to the old you. But the bypass disconnects the hunger-driving hormones so any 'drive' to eat is in your head. You will be fine - as I said before, give it nine months to get in the zone of the new you and your relationship with foods xxxx

Leda

Thanks ladies, much appreciated, I'm in a better place now and stopped worrying. I suppose its because a lot of the fat has been there for 30 years! Lol. Good luck flossypants xxx

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Tell me! I was so convinced I would be the one person WLS would not work for. I had my bypass at 50, and had been obese since a toddler. No amount of diet and exercise shifted it significantly. When I was 30 I lost 6 stone through back-street amphetemines and self-starvation. When I stopped taking the pills it came back on and more. Then 3.5 stone at Slimming World ... Nothing like the near 10 stone I have lost on my WLS journey. I had my bypass in July 13. Yes, the first four or five months were frustrating, full of stalls. I even had chicken pox and didn't lose a single lb. By jan 14 I was down to just under 13stone (size 14/16 and reasonably content with that). Then it started again in Feb 14 and I lost another three stone between then and April 14, and have been stable since. I am just under 10 stone now and wearing a size 10/12 (size 8 in M&S jeans!). Although my weight has not changed, I have been working hard on defining my body with some pretty heavy duty exercise, and I am thrilled with the results. My body shape has changed greatly.

If you are interested in learning more, you can read about my journey under Gastric bypass RNY inspirational pictures before and after. The thread is called My bypass journey over the last 18 months and at target from 9 months.

Keep going folks. You are doing very well. It will happen, beyond your dreams xxx

flossypants

I think I am eating too much? I have a pint of 1% milk with marvel powder a day =397cal
Then another 300 to 400 calories in soups or yogurt
I am craving dairy lea light triangles soooo bad too but stick to 1-2 a day
I walk most days too
Is this too much?????

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Flossy - what does your diet sheet advise for weeks 3&4? In week 4 I was starting on to very loose mushy proper foods like one Weetabix well soaked. Mashed potato made sloppy with a tiny amount of light cheese stirred in. Yes, I did sometimes have the extra light Laughing Cow triangles. It is really important not to get into a snack habit - three meals, and three snacks is the longterm aim. I'd say for you 500ml of semi is enough (is the Marvel on your diet sheet?), and muller light yogs (if you can't face then then look for an alternative and check the sugar per 100g, you are looking for 5g or less ie 5%. The only other I found was the plain Total 0%). Also Heinz cream of tomato soup - there are some wild flavours now, in fact that poured of your loose mash and cheese is great.

I am sure you are doing fine. Do try to get into a routine, and not push your pouch - if you feel full bin what's left, do not revisit in 20mins, etc. hugs a million. I know how hard the first four months are post bypass, I really do xxx