• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help please is this normal?

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
HI Guys
can i just run some things by you please, 4 days post op now and as you have seen things are going pretty well. However last night and today i've felt quite light headed and a bit nauseus. I'm aware that my head has'nt quite caught up with my body requirements as i got quite emotional last night too maybe cause i felt unwell and the smell of family's dinner was not supposed to smell as nice as it did ha ha. Still no real pain just a bit of discomfort as if my stitches are tightening. Sorry to be a pest is this normal for the early part of my journey. thanks in advance xx

Of course - you still have anesthetic swirling around in your body and you need time to get over the surgery and to adjust to the new plumbing. Everything is normal at this stage - euphoria, depression, wind, nausea, discomfort. Its baby steps!

You and me both but in this instance you just have to go with it. Dont be scared to call your surgical team if anything occurs that you think is untoward. Thats what they are there for. Just drink as much water as you can and get plenty of rest - its a big op and you have to give yourself time to recover.

Allie - I had this too in my first week - rest up and drink more fluids - it will pass! I slept mine off!!

Sounds completely normal to me but as suggested check in with your team if you feel worse or are concerned. The nausea & faint feeling can be from dehydration which is super common in the first weeks, it is hard to get those fluids in when you constantly feel full-up. You also could be a bit sensitive to sugars which if you are drinking lots of milk or juice could make you feel light-headed. Just take it easy, dilute your juices for now and jot down your diet everyday so if you see a pattern you can eliminate any trouble fluids.

Nic:D

Hi Allie, cant help you with any advice but did not want to read and run.
What i def did want to say is that u r no way being a pest at all and we r all here to support each.
Am pleased u have had alot of our crew who hopefully have put ur mind at rest hun.
Hope u have a good day hun and a good recovery take care xxx

Have you had kids? If so do you remember the baby blues about four days after they were born? My nurse said this is similair to what happens to bariatric patients especially bypassers.

Its because of the enormous amount of anaesthetic thats in your body, the bigger you are the more you have to have and the longer it takes to get out of your system. Being weepy, weak and a bit out of sorts is perfectly normal towards the end of the first week.

I remember Leela one of the staff nurses laughing the one day in Walsall because Lesley (topsy), Karen (Kazza) and myself had all had a few tears on the same day. Its normal and should settle down, but as the others said, plenty of fluids and if it still bothers you in a couple of days get onto your team for more advice.

I still get light headed now, and i'm 4.5 weeks post op, so don't worry hun x:D

Back