• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really panicking I can't eat at all is this normal? HELP PLEASE

loughpet

Hi All,

As some of you already know I had my op on Thurs morn. I have ate a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt since and have been sippin some water.

I am starting to worry I won't be able to eat again. Even the smell of food is makin me feel terribly sick.

Is this normal after a band ? Help please starting to wonder if I have done the right thing !!

OH AND THE WIND PAINS ARE TERRIBLE !!

Hiya hun this is completley normal because your swollen and bruised inside, each day will get better and you will gradually be able to eat again, movement is the best thing to get rid of the wind pains, as just sitting will make it feel worse, you will get better so please dont worry....hugs...from Liz x

hope your feeling better soon

I have no idea about bands, but the wind pains are still very fresh in my head...

Walk, move around, do whatever you can to shift it. I find hot drinks shift wind for me (now that is) really well xx

Hi Loughpet

yeah its completely normal to not be able to eat much at this stage, just keep sipping away at whatever you can, also get some ice lollies like dale farm polly pineapples or porky pears etc they are low cal and keep your body hydrated if you cant tolerate anything else at the minute.

On the wind front, keep moving about you have no idea how much this helps, I was in absolute agony with wind it was so bad I would be crying with the pain, the more you sit about the longer it will stay with you! also deflatine is really good, makes you fart like a trooper lol but it really does help

Good luck, you will feel better in a few days...promise x

Ahh thanks for that hun.

Feeling a little better already . Have been drinking a bit more and had a couple of spoonfuls of soup today.

Thanks x

Back