• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tantalise my taste buds l & ders please- refeed

cancerian02

please... someone tell me about the refeed diet at luton and dunstable. ive looked at loads of threads and people dont say much about it.
peterborough guy, has told me a bit ;), but i need to understand how they decide on calories, is it for you or is it general? salads, fruit and veg are they unlimited? do you go back to the hospital after you have done the refeed. do they tell you how much meats should weigh? what happens between the 4 weeks of the refeed and you meeting the surgeon? do they tell you what to eat or do you have to eat within the calories? i know i could sit tightly and wait, but im thinking of food NOW!!! (lol):8855:and any other things you could tell me would be great!

thank you

p.s i think im just bored now and i am now looking forward to eating. i now hate milk, sf crusha and jelly, oh and beefy bovril!!:argh:

Last edited:
Hi ya,

Your well on your way now if your on your refeed stage.

If you look at my blog, it gives you an idea of the food i use to eat, to be honest I didnt have any milk and just stuck to a 1400 cal diet a day and lost 10kg from the milk diet stage to the appointment with the surgeon. Mind you I have been walking and on the bike most days.

I always found for myself chicken was a god send, use to fill me up and keep me full.

Hope you get on well with it.

Hi,
I am with the Royal Bournemouth and I'm waiting for them to sort out a definate date at the moment as the nurse didn't alter my surgery choice to a bypass and if I hadn't checked with her after Bobsbigboy had his op cancelled 10minutes before he was due to have it as the same thing had happened to him I would be having my bypass surgery on the 17th June.
Now it is the 5th July which is less than 5 weeks before we go on holiday to Spain. So I am worried about eating while we are away, the nurse insists that I will be on solids the dietitian I saw at my pre-op appointment last week isn't. I feel as if due to their mistakes I am being pressured to speed through the various food stages to meet my holiday deadline that I should have been on solids by if they hadn't made the error in the first place. So I have asked for an earlier date as she had promised one with in days of the first date because of their mistake. I have to wait until wednesdays meeting to find out for sure when it will be.
Very stressful and really tough to deal with patiently. But doing my best and Bob bless him is letting me rant when she uses silly excuses as to why she has forgotten things, (see my diary for more details) I won't bore you with them her. But the sooner my date arrives be it an earlier one or the 5th July one the better I want to get the op done and onto the losers bench so I can learn to cope with the changes over the summer break from school and be fit for work with the new school year.
This and subsidence works on our house through the insurance company is making for a stressful time at the moment.

i found that at the luton and dunstable hospital it all depends on which dietician you see as they use the refeed sheet as a diet sheet too ............... every time i came off the milk diet and gone back onto the refeed my weight and sugars went back up ...........main reason for me having my op in august ;)

i was doing a whole weeks worth of cooking on a sunday and freezing it in seperate tubs so that i could take it to work (i work shifts) the sheets that they give you are only a guideline as you can alter them around a fair bit

atb jonathan

awww.. thanks jonathan for the info. can you tell me how many calories you were allowed and how long were you on the refeed for?

Back