• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please

Romanyace

Hello everyone

I’m new to this forum after stumbling across its few days ago. I haven’t started a journey yet but I’m hoping to over in Derby.

I don’t even know where to start really. I’m a mother to 3 children under 3 and I’m so scared of dying young and leaving my babies. My mum died at 41 and her mum at 46. So it petrifies me. I know me being this fat doesn’t help at all.

I’m 5ft 3 and my bmi is 42 I cant believe the state I’m in. I’m so unhappy with myself and have been for years. I’m same as you guys, tried every single diet there is to name, and I think my only way is surgery.

What I needed to ask was how do I start the initial process?? What do I say to my Gp? Do I ask for the surgery and explain why I think it’s my only option??

What did you have to do??

Thanks for reading x

Hello everyone

I’m new to this forum after stumbling across its few days ago. I haven’t started a journey yet but I’m hoping to over in Derby.

I don’t even know where to start really. I’m a mother to 3 children under 3 and I’m so scared of dying young and leaving my babies. My mum died at 41 and her mum at 46. So it petrifies me. I know me being this fat doesn’t help at all.

I’m 5ft 3 and my bmi is 42 I cant believe the state I’m in. I’m so unhappy with myself and have been for years. I’m same as you guys, tried every single diet there is to name, and I think my only way is surgery.

What I needed to ask was how do I start the initial process?? What do I say to my Gp? Do I ask for the surgery and explain why I think it’s my only option??

What did you have to do??

Thanks for reading x
Welcome Romantace. So sorry you are feeling so down, we have all been there and the struggle never leaves us but you will get help and support here. I went to my GP as I was so miserable and said I was going to pay privately for surgery as I did not think I would qualify on the NHS but she referred me to Luton on NHS.to qualify for NHS you have to have a body mass index of over 35 with certain conditions like diabetes or high blood pressure or BMI over 40 without existing conditions. Every area is different however and it takes quite a while to get the surgery. It took me 17 months from seeing my GP to having surgery and that was quite quick. Good luck with seeing your GP and let us know here how you get on. xxxx

Definitely start with your GP and ask if you can be referred for bariatric surgery. If your relatives deaths were were due to weight related conditions then it is likely with a BMI at 42 you shouldn't have a problem in getting a referral. I have seen Derby people on here so worth a post with Derby in the title to see if you can find them and get some info on your area.

If you draw a blank with your GP because they are not familiar with these referrals then contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group to ask them what the criteria is.

Back