• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pct

hi all,
I’m new to this site i was wondering how you get to get in another area? like Sheffield or derby, I’m in Barnsley and there bmi to get in is 45 to 50 I’m only 42.73 bmi but suffer with mild to moderate sleep apnoea bad arthritis in both knees and impaired glucose tolerance and Klinefelter's syndrome.

Do i need to get my Dr to refer me to Sheffield or Derbyshire ?
Any help given.
BBB

Hi I am in pontefract I got referred through my gp so I am sure it will b the same for u I believe it's over 40 with other health implications I may b wrong I had mild sleep apnoea and history of diabetes and thank the gods I was accepted I am on the last leg now and I can't wait :) good luck and let us know how u get on there will b more people around that may have more experience of Sheffield xx

I had no idea you could get referred to another PCT that wasn't part of your area/under your GP. That's amazing if it can happen as the criteria in my area was higher than the NICE guidelines :/ Anyway, if that is the case the quickest way to get the answer would surely be via your GP? Good luck :)

if it helps my dr told me yesterday that guildlines for surgery are going to become national instead of each pct which may make it easier

sheffield is bmi over 50 or bmi 45 with severe co morbiditys

even then you have to attend weight management first before being referred

as far as im aware barnsley patients are operated on at northern general in sheffield too

I am live in Rotherham what need to do is to get your gp to refer you to mr ackroyd at northern general he is fantastic you may need to drink plenty of water before your first weigh in to get your bmi up as its meant to be 45 but don't worry mr ackroyd is great will help were he can
Take care

my gp refferred me straight to mr ackroyd in december last year, she recieved an email a week later saying they dont accept direct refferals and that i had to be refferred thru weigh ahead ( weight management ) insted

i live in sheffield thou

Hi I am in pontefract I got referred through my gp so I am sure it will b the same for u I believe it's over 40 with other health implications I may b wrong I had mild sleep apnoea and history of diabetes and thank the gods I was accepted I am on the last leg now and I can't wait :) good luck and let us know how u get on there will b more people around that may have more experience of Sheffield xx

hi, thanks for the info i beleive in barnsley its over 45 with sleep apnoia or diabetes or over 50, what does pontifract come under as in a district ?
thanks again for the info
bigbeefybuilder

I had no idea you could get referred to another PCT that wasn't part of your area/under your GP. That's amazing if it can happen as the criteria in my area was higher than the NICE guidelines :/ Anyway, if that is the case the quickest way to get the answer would surely be via your GP? Good luck :)

hi, im not sure if you can get referred to another area my niece got sent to derbyshire through our dr's so i was only going on that, i have done a update on me as im now going through an appeal and waiting on the out come.

thanks again for the good luck im sure going to need it, regards bigbeefybuilder

Don't get referred to derby. You'll be waiting for years.

hi, well my niece got refferd to derbyshire and she went through very quickly her dr said because of her illness's she would go there, i thought you couldn't be refferd out of your area you live in.

so does this mean then she would get funding out of derbyshire pct not barnsley pct ?

thanks again for your reply

regards bigbeefybuilder

I am live in Rotherham what need to do is to get your gp to refer you to mr ackroyd at northern general he is fantastic you may need to drink plenty of water before your first weigh in to get your bmi up as its meant to be 45 but don't worry mr ackroyd is great will help were he can
Take care

hi, at present i have not gone to my gp, the last time i saw my weight wise lady linda she asked if i wanted to go to a 30mins class at barnsley hospital where i get to ask questions and if i wanted i could get to see the consultant at barnsley.

this i have done i was refused the pct funding and now i will appeal with the help of the barnsley consultant and a letter off my local gp, i thought i had to get help from the barnsley area seen as i was in barnsley.
i understand that its the pct in barnsley who as to give me funding?
at present im under rotherham hospital for sleep apnoia.
my bmi is 42.73 at present i drink about 2 litres of fluid a day, i wonder if the consultant at barnsley can refer me to see this mr ackroyd ?

thanks for the info and regards
bigbeefybuilder

my gp refferred me straight to mr ackroyd in december last year, she recieved an email a week later saying they dont accept direct refferals and that i had to be refferred thru weigh ahead ( weight management ) insted

i live in sheffield thou

hi, i have allready been to weight management did the 10 week course followed up with 6 week course it was them who referd me to barnsley to book in the appointment to watch a small film and ask questions, and i got to see the barnsley consultant who as been fantastic, at first i was turned down by the pct so now im appealing with the help of the my dr and the barnsley consultant.

so maybe if i ask weight manegment they might be able to reffer me to see mr ackroyed.

thanks for the info regards.
bigbeefybuilder

I had to go through rio there weight management but the gp will know how to refare to mr ackroyd

hi, next time i go to see the consultant which is i may i think, i keep getting it changed, the consultant did say "im not telling you to go away and put weight on" makes me think lol.

my local dr knows that my bmi is not high enough in the barnsley area but i have been told that i have impaired glucose tolerance and mild to moderate sleep apnoea and im grade 3 morbid obesity.

question how does drinking water put your bmi up ?

regards bigbeefybuilder

Only an hour before you get your weight done then when you wee you lose it that's all it's just a way of getting your weight a couple of points up may help any thing to get it done

Only an hour before you get your weight done then when you wee you lose it that's all it's just a way of getting your weight a couple of points up may help any thing to get it done

hi, how much do you have to drink ? i thought it was bad to drink too much water
bigbeefybuilder

the danger from water is drinking very large volumes in a short space of time.

when ever i have ultra sounds im expected to drink a litre of water an hour before the scan and it does no harm, i just have to dash to the loo straight after, ups my weight by 2 - 3lbs

Back