• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pct

Moomoo is right - I forgot. If you wait a few more weeks the guidelines will be national and follow NICE I believe. Do you fit the NICE criteria? I forget what it is now off the top of my head :) x

BMI over 40 kg/m², or BMI over 35kg/m² and patient also has an obesity–related disease
Aged 18 or over (some centres set an upper age limit of 60)
The patient has tried other weight loss treatments without permanent success
There is no specific metabolic or psychological reason for the obesity
The patient has sufficient understanding of the procedure and the changes it will produce
The patient is strongly motivated to undergo the procedure and lifestyle changes it will entail

They have there own criteria in sheffield it's higher than the nice guidelines and when I mean drinking water only meant a pint so you would raise a lb but it may be enough if you can wear heavy underwear too if your short by 1or 2 bmi then it's a way of topping up I did not mean a ltr that's nearly 2 pts but if it meant the difference between getting it or not then it's upto you I needed a bmi of 45 and was 43 on the day was 44.8 but told him I had lost 5lb in weight to help me and just managed to squeeze in a friend I know was told she has to have a bmi off 55 in hull or 50 if has conditions to help and as this goverment keep cutting back I feel it's going to make it harder for us all to get surgery now
They do not realise that with weightloss surgery would save far more in the long term

BMI over 40 kg/m², or BMI over 35kg/m² and patient also has an obesity–related disease
The patient has sufficient understanding of the procedure and the changes it will produce
The patient is strongly motivated to undergo the procedure and lifestyle changes it will entail
hi again, and thanks to all who replied, i go to see the consultant at barnsley on the 10th of april to find out if i have got funding as the consultant appealed for me with a letter from my gp as well.

i wonder how many appeals you can have ? the trouble with me his i used to be very active in my work i was a ground worker in the building trade and you had to be very fit, for the last 10 years i have looked after my children while the wife works, so my health as been affected, now got mild to moderate sleep apnoia, chronic prostrate and cyctitas 24/7 and very bad arthritas in both knees suffer with reflux klinefelters syndrome and impaired glucose tolerance.

i can not go to the gym but get out for sml walks now and again, i can not get a operation on my knees untill my weight comes off, so im stuck really in a catch 22', my trouble is i eat at the wrong time im awake at 2am has the pain keeps me awake, i get 5 hours sleep if im lucky.

will wait and see what barnsley have to offer me, if they carn't give me funding im stuck?

love this site and the people are very good and helpfull
i know its a big change in our lives and i know i will live longer to see my kids grow up hopefully.
thanks for listening to my weight rant.
HAPPY EASTER!

bigbeefybuilder

hi, my bmi is 44.6 my height is 1.80 and weight is 144.4 my age is over 53 i hear the goal posts have changed but is it for the better or for the worse? ive tried zenical and oristate tablets i did lose weight but put it all back on due to lack of getting out more.
ive been on the diet courses and been to 3 diet nurse's but still my weight is climbing up.
i know the surjury is a tool and only we can do this on our own, i have tried going to the gym but only found this to make my knees lock up.
thanks for all your help and advice.

bigbeefybuilder

Hiya - hope you had a lovely Easter too - apologies I missed your last post as I was in hospital recovering from surgery! It sounds like you will meet the new national criteria (changed for the better) as your BMI is over 40 and you have a few obesity related conditions by the sounds of it. They will probably make you do a weight management course first though - assuming you haven't done one already? It's the final hoop prior to surgery ;) x x

Hiya - hope you had a lovely Easter too - apologies I missed your last post as I was in hospital recovering from surgery! It sounds like you will meet the new national criteria (changed for the better) as your BMI is over 40 and you have a few obesity related conditions by the sounds of it. They will probably make you do a weight management course first though - assuming you haven't done one already? It's the final hoop prior to surgery ;) x x

hi, i don't think we know about the new criteria yet i have not seen anything yet, i have been on the new change4life program i did a 10 week course a year ago but had to miss one day due to having knee surjury which after comming out of hospital picked up a stomach bug so when i had my weigh in i had lost a stone lol, not the way i wanted to lose weight, i had another 6 weeks with linda in barnsley and andy of the barnsley change for life.
at the end of the course i was asked if i wanted to go to the barnsley to attend a 30min course which you have to attend if you want surjury, to show you what happens if you want surjury and to ask question's.
after the course i was asked if i would like to be put forward to see the consultant at bdgh.

now im on the road of trying to get the surjury done, lasy year i was turned down, so im going to appeal, this has been going on since 2009.

thanks for your imput.
bigbeefybuilder

hi, thank you for the above info, i have not seen anything of this new national criteria yet, what i want to know his if my bmi was over 45 would my consultant refer me to sheffeild hospital with out the pct? as i would fit barnsley criteria of 45 to 50 bmi.

tnks bigbeefybuilder

happy bank holiday

hi, thank you for the above info, i have not seen anything of this new national criteria yet, what i want to know his if my bmi was over 45 would my consultant refer me to sheffeild hospital with out the pct? as i would fit barnsley criteria of 45 to 50 bmi.

tnks bigbeefybuilder

happy bank holiday

hi, well i have been refused from barnsley pct twice now as they say i don't meet there criteria of 45, i wonder how many times you can reply to the nhs ? i hear the goal posts are going to change i bet its going to be harder to get nhs funding? i know im not going to give up.
wonder when we will get any information on what the criteria of bmi will be up and down the country?
anybody know anything about new rules or how many times you can fight the appeals?

bigbeefybuilder

Back