• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP ... .Pre op diet and problems ...

tuu

Hi everyone I'm really worried and wanted to know if anyone else had experience of anything like this....it started on Wednesday morning which was day 2 of my milk only pre op LSD. Tues night was really warm so I slept with fan on all night and just a sheet woke up with stiff right leg calf muscle ache do I assumed my leg had been in draft of the fan all night but it's still bad and it's really hurting at times...it feels really tight and hard to touch . It isn't red or hot just a bit warm and it's slightly swollen. Yesterday at work (I'm a hairdresser ) one of my client is a very experienced and qualified nurse she deals with people in community and sending them to hospital if needed ...she was booked in and I hot her to look at it for me she did some physical checks asked me questions and said she definatly didn't think I had a DVT ...as you can imagine that's what I'm panicking about but no reason I would cos I'm mobile and do a physical standing walking around job.. ..to be honest I feel generally achy and rubbish but I'm just concerned...she seemed to think it could well be muscle cramp from build up of lactose from all the milk......if it is still bad tommorow I will go see my Dr but I'm just so worried that something like this will hinder my op date as im self employed....any advice anyone or have you had similar greatly appreciated

Turps

Sorry, I haven't had the same but I think it's a good idea to see your doctor if you still feel off tomorrow. I'm sure it would help your peace of mind.

tuu

Thanks for replying hunni ...I've been a bit crap in getting on here the last week .....hope all good with you xxx

Hannah2

Sorry I can't help at all but I would definitely go and see someone about it, just in case. Or, can you contact your team/dietician/bariatric nurse to see what they advise?

Hope it eases soon.

Tracey

The lactose reason sounds feasible...
But I wouldn't know and agree with everyone about seeing doctor ...or phone your bariatric team xx

LittleMissNom

Hope u getting along ok.
Did you speak to your doctor?? Hope your legs ok.

I dont usually have loads of diary so asked my dietician during my pre op diet who said I could use lactofree milk, or soya.... but not almond or coconut milks as they don't have the right/ enough protein.

Nixon

A milk diet is very low on carbs, so you can sometimes feel a bit achey at the start of it. Your body is in the process of switching from carbs as it's main energy source to fat. It's known as keto flu (anyone who has tried atkins, keto, paleo etc will probably be familiar with it).

It normally goes after a couple of days, I would expect it to be something like that personally. You are in the process of a drastic change in diet, are your potassium and magnesium levels ok? On keto your body dumps water weight, but with it you lose electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and magnesium). That's what the bovril helps to replenish (it's sodium content).