• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op diet

Tracey37

Hi everyone , I had my pre-assessment last week and was given my pre-op diet sheet , I see alot of people on here doing the milk and yogurt diet. I have been put on low carb diet, from Murryfield hospital in wirral (spire) , dose any know if you lose as much weight on this diet as you do on the milk and yogurt diet. But still waiting for my surgery date to come through :mad:

Tracey37 said:
Hi everyone , I had my pre-assessment last week and was given my pre-op diet sheet , I see alot of people on here doing the milk and yogurt diet. I have been put on low carb diet, from Murryfield hospital in wirral (spire) , dose any know if you lose as much weight on this diet as you do on the milk and yogurt diet. But still waiting for my surgery date to come through :mad:

Hi iv been on my milk diet a week now and iv lost a stone but it is slowing down a bit now I have my op on tuesday xx

Hey Tracey, the pre op diest has nothing to do with losing weight honey, they need to shrink your liver so that the surgeon can do the op easier, so please done worry, youll be fine :) xxx

hi, i am on that exact same diet from spire, and in 7 days i have lost exactly 1 stone 1 Lb =D

Hello ladies, nice to see someone from round here. I am from st helens but been allocated to spire regency in macclesfield. Which was odd as I was expecting murrayfield. I got my first consultation 29th nov with a mr decadt.

Thanks for all your answers , very greatful to hear from you guys :) Just cant wait to get my date for my surgery now I been told it maybe before xmas i hope . as waiting also for sleep apena test .xx

Its a liver shrinking diet, not to loose weight, they wont do the op if you have a fatty liver and wont be able to get to your stomach !

Great news trace:) I've been told mine probably be january now. See what they have to say on 29th!
How many appointments at murrayfield have you had?:confused: Some peopl have told me 3and some 2???:confused:

hi
Im new and have a few questions about the pre-op diet and lots of other things can anyone help?

VikiB said:
hi
Im new and have a few questions about the pre-op diet and lots of other things can anyone help?

Hi am new my self am on my milk diet and have my op on Tuesday if I can help I will jue x

Weight loss is a bonus when you are on the pre op diet. Like previous posters have written it is a liver shrinking diet, as you use up the glycogen stored in the liver it becomes small and more softer so is easier for the surgeon to move out of the way during surgery.

If the liver is not like this the surgeon may opt to do open surgery instead of keyhole.

However patients do seem to recover quicker physically after keyhole surgery plus less risk of infection etc.

I did a NO carb diet for two weeks and lost 25lbs.

Wendy x

Hi Fizz , regarding appointments at murryfield , I went to see surgeon on the 8th nov and the dietician on the same day had bloods taken and ECG ect for pre-assessment, and was given another appoitment to see the anesthesia and surgeon . just waiting for sleep apnea test , i was told i may get my surgery before or just after xmas . nice to meet some one from the merseyside , let me know how u get on all the best xx

Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.. On my letter from Spire, it just says I have an appointment under the consultant????:confused: When I spoke to the secretary, she said that I would have this appointment and then my surgery would probably be in January, so god knows what will happen.

Are you on Facebook???

Sarah

hi love , just to wish you luck and say i lost 2 stone on the low carb pre op diet ,,,butternut squash , either roasted or cut into chips and roasted was my saviour! xxxxxxx will be thinking of you as you start your journey xxxx

hi

hi vikki fire away if i can help i will x

Back