• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help required

charliegirl

Hi folks after some advice, I am feeling a bit sicky...only started today and not after I have eaten anything. My GP called regarding my BP tablets and said to take them as normal!!! Told him I was on pureed only this week but he said just take them as normal and went. Thing is one is a duretic and I dont think I am getting enough fluid in just now to be taking that so have missed it out. I crushed up my other two (they are only small) and took them in some yoghurt. Not sure if the sickness is lack of food, too many tablets on an empty stomach or lack of the BP tablets in the first place. I feel I am also getting a headache maybe due to my sugar levels dropping due lack of food....so any advice greatly received..xx

Hi Linda

Can't really offer any advice regarding your other meds but I often got a bit sicky post-op, Dr prescribed me Buscopan which seemed to do the trick. I think you can also buy this over the counter.

after my op i was sickly off the medication, i was prescribed a drug called cyclozine it helps the sicky feeling go away. maybe its worth an ask if they would be any good for you.

liz x

linda it could be related to lack of fluid. im drinkin 2x500ml bottles of water as well as my other 6 fluids a day. cant believe yr on pureed already.
cant help regarding the meds but know you gan get antisickness tabs over the counter.
Hope it soon passes for you
carole

Hi Linda, sorry to hear you're feeling sicky. I was given domperidone to take three times per day to help with the sickness, were you not given anything?

Personally, i've not had a problem with it, but it can't be nice for you. I hope it settles soon. Are you managing to get much in the way of fluids into you?

xx

I have managed to drink quite a bit of s/skimmed milk still feeling sicky but also think I am coming down with something my throat is sore (not from the tube as they had cleared) will call my GP and ask if they can prescribe something for the sickness I was given anti sickness in hospital even though I was not feeling sick they said it was better to be safe then sorry so I am sure they will give me something. Never enjoyed s/s milk before buts its lovely now. With regards to anything sweet the thought makes me want to retch hope this is a good thing lol...

HC I confirmed with the bariatric nurse who has had the surgery herself and she said I can have pureed food as long as it is the same thickness of apple sauce and to only eat small portion so no pressure on my pouch (sound like a kangaroo now lol)....they are all different and I think its not the surgeon who decides all this but the nurse who undertakes your care post op.....I have a very comprehensive booklet which covers each stage and gives amounts and types of foods to eat and how they should be prepared.....I know it like the back of my hand now.....xx

Hi Linda

Can't really offer any advice regarding your other meds but I often got a bit sicky post-op, Dr prescribed me Buscopan which seemed to do the trick. I think you can also buy this over the counter.

Are you sure it was Buscopan? Thats an anti-spasmodic used for patients with IBS.

One I use sometimes is Buccastem, it's good for post op as you don't swallow anything, you just tuck it up between your teeth and your cheek and let it melt. Can get it over the counter.

I sometimes get a little bit nauseous around breakfast, but find if I persevere and carry on with brekky it goes, where as if I stop eating it gets worse.

Just called the GP to see if he can prescribe something soluble for me...it just puts me off eating the bit I can it just now.....I am sure it will soon be sorted....xx

hi hun just like to say its proberly a combination of meds and op and maybe coming down with something..
emmaxx

Hi emma thanks chick think your right had to turn heating off as I am roasting and it wont go any lower lol...think I may be stepping outside in the buff shortly if the house does not cool down. How are you doing? xx

lol lol
im freezing hun.. you must be ill. me ok cant stop eating but not worrying too much as got fill next monday.
how are you sleeping? has the wind pain shifted?
emmaxx

Hi Emma I am sleeping ok can lay on my sides etc just everytime I start to dream its about my daughter, wish I could stop that bit just for now till I feel stronger....I never had wind it was more like tightness around my diaphram (sp)...I think as my cuts are so high up its probably quite swollen there and when I was laying down it was compressing it, my cuts are right under my boobs should of asked him to slip some silicone in whilst he was down there lol..take care chick and I am sure your eating will slow when you get sorted its trial and error in everything for me, for you and everyone on here but next summer we will be so elegant lol...I cant wait....xx

Hey Linda, I found that sometimes I felt a little queasy after drinking things with milk at first so I stuck to broth, it went down better. Never actually got sick but got that vertigo feeling, you know what I mean? I think I am a little more lactose sensitive now. I hope you aren't coming down with anything! If you can't stand just plain broth you can add a little beaten egg & stir, adds protein and feels more like proper soup. You said you are on purees now (lucky you) so maybe a little mash with broth would do the trick.

A cool cloth on the back of the neck also helps with queasy & overheating so you could try that.

Take care my dear!

Are you sure it was Buscopan? Thats an anti-spasmodic used for patients with IBS.

One I use sometimes is Buccastem, it's good for post op as you don't swallow anything, you just tuck it up between your teeth and your cheek and let it melt. Can get it over the counter.quote]

Yeah, that was it Shel. Getting my Bucca's and my Busco's mixed up! :rolleyes:

Lol Cat, easily done!

Back