• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - spitting up blood

mamakiso

Hi

I was banded on 1st December and seemed to be very much on the mend, pain free etc. Woke up this morning and found my mouth crusted in blood - i went to rinse out my mouth and got phelgm blood. I rinsed out 3-4 times and each time the fluid was blood. I checked my teeth and gums for signs of bleeding but it's not coming from there. Any ideas anyone please.

My throat did hurt a lot after surgery (which i understand is normal) but it seemed to clear over the weekend and i haven't had any pain till today. Now it feels as if the left side of my throat is blocked/swollen and it is slightly painful to swallow.

New one on me, docs appt required I think

Okay so it's a bad throat infection and my GP has put me on antibiotics now. The blood may be the scab from the bruising caused by the tubes during surgery (according to my provider). It can only get better i hope!

Glad you got sorted hope you feel better soon x

Glad you got it checked out and hopefully you'll soon be feeling better!

Thanks rickysmrs, top kat and Jo. I ache all over but I at least I'm on the right medication and should feel better before the weekend.

Have my 2 week follow up with my hospital on Friday. Been on liquids only for 2 weeks and really need to chew some chicken or anything now; even just some weetabix and banana i would kill for now!! I'm not hungry just want to bit into something, did you feel that way?.

Back