• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help two weeks post op

corrine82

Hi all i need ideas what to eat for the pureed stage i am 15 days post op i have had mashed potato with veg but i know i need more protein but cant think what blends well any ideas ? Also i think i can eat more than what i should i can eat over half a bowl of mash i can also stomach quavers and i am scared that i am not goona loose enough weight :sigh:
What sort of portion should i be eating ? I have not got an appointment till nov and i am feeling really lost and the diet sheet they gave me is useless !

Corrine

Have you got a mobile or landline number...? PM it to me and I can call you :)

In the meantime, try not to worry... how big is the bowl? At the end of the day, if you are not in pain and you are not feeling really stuffed and full to the point of puking, then you are not overeating.

I was really worried that I ate too much, but Shaw assured me that I was doing fine... as did the wonderful lot on here when I was having a particularly panic-filled day!!! :D

Give your Dietician a call and speak to them... they will be able to give you the advice that your surgeon recommends. It's always best to go with your surgeon's advice and guidelines, as it differs from surgeon to surgeon and can get confusing!!!

As for protein, I have lentils... they are soft, very high in protein and yummy. Plus, I also had soft cheese once a day, either mixed in with mash or on a cracker when I was two weeks post-op.

Protein is also sourced from milk - try and make sure you have a glass a day, or with your porridge/rice crispies etc.

I'm a veggie, and I love Quorn - I tried the mince (really, really well cooked until it was mush!) about two weeks post-op and it was ok. Just take it easy, as it does fill you up and I was sick as I had a spoonful too much. The other time, I had too much sugar in it (used Dolmio original!) and I dumped. But now I used the light version and it's fine :)

I am sure you're doing ok... but I know that even three months on, I get the occassional panic about what I am and am not eating. It's to be expected.

Anyhow, if you want a chat, then feel free to contact me... :)

x

Last edited:
Hi all, Im having a gastric band on the 28th Oct, but I read about the bypassers on here and I`m just wondering what dumping is?? Please enlighten me so I can get this other picture out of my head lol

I'm three weeks post op :D,and to be honest im just on soft food like lasagna, mash ,mushy peas i have had a bag of wot-sits ,as long as its cooked well and reduces to mushy stuff when i eat it im having it :).

Not bothered with sandwiches or any bread or pastry or meet:( (after Sunday).

But im doing well i eat a ready meal size tea, most days today was asparagus lasagna from marks and spencer's to give you an idea :D,and i feel fine on it.

I was desperate to start eating more healthy or more rounded food groups so that's why im on soft just not mushy stuff.

My weight loss has stopped :),but im staying the same:D. But im not looking at my diet at the mo, and i know its not good calorie wise and im not exercising as much as usual but i always aimed for the four weeks after my op getting myself back to my fit healthy self:D, so then im ready for my first fill and hopefully from then on with the help of my band and a good diet ill be able to lose my weight then ,but right now im not concerned with my weight just being fit.

So try not to worry about weight loss just concern yourself with getting back on top form and getting over the op and used to the band .as once you get your band activated the weight loss can begin :D properly xx

hi,

dumping syndrome occurs when a bypasser eats too much fat or sugar, as the part of the intestines that the food goes to isn't designed to cope with so much. Symptoms are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, light headed, tired, and the runs. Thats the easy way of explaining it anyway.

It doesn't happen with a band as your intestines haven't been altered.

Back