• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

two weeks post op

julieann

well i'm two weeks post op tomorrow and can't believe that i'm still suffering with this dreaded wind. It seems that i can't win whatever i do because i'm fine in the morning but as the day goes on and i drink more,( which we are told to do) the wind pain gets worse. I can start on soft foods now so tonight i mixed a small amount of mash potato with some soup just to thicken it, could only eat half and boy am i suffering now even after taking gripe water and windeze. I want to be cheerfull about my band but am finding hard at the moment and even though i knew i would have ups and downs i didnt think i would suffer like this i just hope that i'm not doing anything wrong. Sorry to be such a misery:(

Aww i wish i could offer you some advice to help you :hug99:
Have you been offered any aftercare?? Is there an emergancy 24hour number you can phone for some advice?? You have been suffering with this long enough now- i would phone and ask them for some help.
Hope the pain bu**ers off soon :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

:hug99:sorry to hear you are still struggling. i found that either gripe water or warm flat lemonade worked!! strange i know but someone recommended it and when i was in pain and desperate i gave it a go and it def eased it. x

hi
wind can come and go approx 4-6 weeks as during the op we are filled with air as it makes it easier for the surgoen, we also get pulled about a fair bit during the op which contributes to shoulder pains ect, the best thing for it is to move about as it helps to disperse the gas.
i hope you feel better soon.

Liz xxx

thankyou all for your responses, i have the aftercare package with the wls group even though i didnt have the band fitted with them and i am off to london on sunday to meet wendy the bariatric nurse for my first consultation. I have their emergency telephone number and if things dont settle down i will ring her but hope that i can just get through until sunday

I was fortunate enough not to suffer with the wind pain after surgery but I have suffered with it in the past and its awful pain, it eases off and you think thats the end of it but it comes back again a bit like contractions....hope it goes soon for you chick..xx

well i can't believe it, this is my first day since the band where i have had no pain whatsoever and what a difference it makes, i actually feel normal again, ive been and had my nails done today and have just come back from having my hair done. hopefully each day will improve now, keep your fingers crossed for me. xx

So glad to hear things have settled at last, I agree to not be in pain makes such a difference, I am so use to having horrible headaches that take over my life but since the surgery I have been very lucky not had one in a good while now fingers crossed...xx

thanks linda, i know that there will be times when we all suffer but i'm just making the most of how good i feel at the moment and i also think that its about excepting that wls isnt a short term thing and like any surgery two weeks is still early days

Glad to hear that you have improvement with pain. Hope that continues for you!:D

Back