• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

suggestions please

kphorrox

i am 8 days post op now and struggling with ideas i can eat if i put another spoon of tomato or chicken soup by my lips i think i will be sick.
im on liquids only and it is so hard because in my head i feel like i could eat a butty but in my stomach and heart i no i cant.
just need some fresh ideas.
also any yummy ideas for pureed stage....
i am heeling so well and starting to feel normal again,
a great break through i could sleep on my side again so had a great night sleep.

Have you tried milky coffees, Options choc drink, Smoothies - Innocent strawberry and banana is a good one. Slimfast shakes are alos full of goodness. Hope this helps.

yoghurts
pureed cauliflower cheese,
cheesey mash
pureed fruit of your choice or add to shakes

i know how you feel I am 5 months post op and have really gone off youghurt and soup.

Know what you mean about soup lol I liked making my own and found ones with potatoes are more filling. I thought I would never get past the first 2weeks but you do! Good luck

I lived off tinned soup, sugar free jelly and pureed fruit for the whole time immediately post op and I can't eat them at all now! lol

Kerry i know what you mean, at one point is someone else had said in my house have some soup i think they would be wearing it lol! I used all the suggestions already mentioned and also low fat custard and sugar free angel delight(watch that one though some people dump on that)
When it comes to puree stage i used thicker soups and lots of gravy and mash with pureed veg x

i love Farleys Rusks, get half a rusk and mush it up with warm milk, yummmy good in protein, it was my stable diet for weeks as i had a stricture early out and couldn't eat for months...... (Not just for Baby's LOL)

Liquid stage: try milk shakes with no sugar Crusha milk shake syrup, or with fresh fruit blended in, Baxters consomme soup (yummmy), smoothies, NAS ice pops/lollies

and yes soup could easily be thrown in my house too! It gets a trifle boring doesn't it?! :D:8855::8855::8855::8855:

cottage cheese (puree stage), pureed cauliflower cheese, carrot and coriander soup (home-made, blended with tofu for protein), yoghurt: I like Greek 0% or Greek 2% with pureed fresh fruit.

Back