• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello... I'm a newbie

fatnomoreclo

Hello Everyone,

I'm Chloe (25) from south london. I had my gastric bypass on 20th Dec 2011 at the Princess royal university hospital and my surgeon was Mr El Hasani.

I'm a little bit confused about what i can/can't eat. This Tuesday will be the end of my 4 weeks on liquids, and now i can move on to "mashed up" food. I got told in my useless hospital booklet no carbs until the 4 week mashed up stage was over. However I've read on here & other sites etc that people are having crackers, mash potato, pasta etc & I'm notsure if I should or not.

Also I haven't a clue if if i'm eating enough i'm having 2 petis filous's and half a tin of weight watchers soup a day! Along with glasses of water/sugar free juice & a couple of sugar free polo mints.

I've tried fruit but that ended up with a "lovely" dumping experience. I'm unsure about what other dairy products to have is it safe to have cheese melted? milkshake? also am i allowed semi skimmed milk or just skimmed. The hospital told me sod all & my gp's didn't even know i had surgery.

Any help/advice would be great as its really stressing me out!

Thanks in advance Clo x

hello chloe n welcome x

Hi Chloe, you have to go by the guidlines your hosptal have given you, this is really important.. so dont have the crackrebreads etc unless they say... from liquids i went onto pureed then im now on soft/mashed foods.... so beorei suggest anything.. are you on pureed or soft food stage?

hey clo welcome and good luck :) xxx

hiya and welcome, every hospital have there own rules n I wud stick with wot urs has told u case u have any problems. Hopefully someone who had op in same place may be able to help you better xx

Welcome! Do as Rayne says and stick 100% to whatever you have been told by your surgeon - no matter what everyone on here is doing!! On here, people have had different types of surgery by different surgeons who all work in very different ways, so what's right for one is not right for another. Good luck! :D

Welcome to the forum, Chloe :) I advocate sticking to your hospital diet sheet, too ... not fair really but crucial should you have any problems. You will soon be on normal foods ... good luck, honey xxx :)

Hi Chloe, welcome to the forum.

Hi Chloe, you have to go by the guidlines your hosptal have given you, this is really important.. so dont have the crackrebreads etc unless they say... from liquids i went onto pureed then im now on soft/mashed foods.... so beorei suggest anything.. are you on pureed or soft food stage?
Hello,

It says both 4-8 weeks pureed/mashed up/soft food so I haven't a clue really. I have a follow up appointment on Friday so maybe I'll ask then.

Thank you for your advice xx

Welcome to the forum!!

Back