• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help surgeon advice

princesszippie

Hi All
I am in a pickle. I was hoping to get a date for surgery yesterday but this has not happened. The situation is that, I am going private through the WLSG and had decisded on Dr Roger Ackroyd as the surgeon as I have been led to believe that he trained the other surgeons, my mate also went with him and gave positive comments. However the meeting did not go ahead in Sheffield. the meeting was to get an agreement to reduce the fee by £1000 by using a different hospital. Obviously £100 is a big chunk of cash. I am now not sure what to do, wait for the meeting, which is god knows when, or go with Mr Shamsi El-Hasani who is based in Kent. This hospital can offer me the surgery at the lower rate. I have googled this surgeon and he seems to be quite good, I just do not know what is the best thing. I know it is not about the money, but actually when you are struggling to fund it, money is a big part.

Do I wait for the meeting which may not give me the news I want or do I go to Kent. I am on self distruct at the mo with my eating and need to get it sorted. Can any one hely PLEASE!!!!!!

It all depends on what's best for you. £1000 is a big wedge of cash. Can you wait that long though? £1000 would be better in your pocket than his.

I was 'done' by Dr Ackroyd and it's all been great. The after care, although I've not needed any, just the regular checks, has been 'OK'

Back