• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP..Where did you get you pre-private-op bloods done

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
I am booked for my surgery with TWLSG for my surgery on the 4th and was rather suprised they suggested I ask my GP to do my pre-op bloods and then send them the results through...has anyone else had this? I have to see my GP tomorrow and I dont think he will be accomodating...help?! what should I say to my GP I am all of a panic now :confused::confused::confused:

If you have paid for your surgery privately then your blood work should be something your provider provides, i had my bloods done on the morning of my surgery !

I'd suggest you re review exactly what your actually paying for pre and post op, i.e pre tests, pre diet, post op help, band fills, insurance, after care support etc etc - if you've bought a package these an more should be covered under that package !

I went privately and everything was done by Surgicare - I didn't have to see the doctor for anything.

thanks guys...It was for my ease I think as then I dont have to go back to London to get my Bloods done...and have to take time off work to do it. Just unsure what to say to him.

I am aware of what I have paid for ....thats exactly why I chose the company I chose and I am paying the amount I am paying and getting 2 years full aftercare including unlimited fills and defills.

Surgicare were happy to do mine, and they wrote to my surgery to inform them i had been accepted by them for the bypass, they also stated on there that i would need bloodwork, what meds i would need post -op ect. When i saw my Dr they did the bloodwork so i did not have to go into Central London, and wrote me out a perscription prior to my op for my post op meds

Thanks for that Tender I didnt think I was going mad and daft comments about "I'd suggest you re review exactly what your actually paying for pre and post op, i.e pre tests, pre diet, post op help, band fills, insurance, after care support etc etc - if you've bought a package these an more should be covered under that package " didnt answer my question :D
I will have a chat with him tomorrow as he should have heard from them by then so that will make it easier...you know what its like in the last week or 2 before surgery you get all of a tizzy...well I do anyway :cool:

Wanda they wont do the op without your Dr knowing, because of the affect if will have on ongoing treatment or potential future treatments, just in case they have not got around to writting to him yet take in a letter that YOU have from them saying you will be having WLS and if possible what bloodwork tests are needed

I wish it were true that they dont operate without letting the Dr know I had a large Pre-canerous lump removed from my breast 2 years ago after seing the nurse at the GP surgery and her sending me to the breast clinic....I went back to get the results from the tests on the lump and the Dr didnt even know I had had surgery...The time taken from seeing the nurse to goping to having the surgery was 3 months and they sent 2 letters to the DRs by all accounts. You just gotta wonder at times havnt you lol

Hi Wanda

i'm having a bypass myself. I'm the mangement partner in a GP practice. Your GP can do your bloodwork for you if you take along details of what is required without any problem, we do this for private ops often. I agree with you that communication between hospital and GP can be a bit hit and miss sometimes.

Hope all goes well for you

M

Back