• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help.....which carbs?

jema

I am on a rather strict diet so I can meet my target weight before my next appointment, and I've been advised to eat lots of fruit and veg, drink lots of water, very low fat food and no carbs...
The problem is the amount of carbs found in fresh fruit and veg... Do they count?
I have cut out bread, sugar and fizzy pop completely and I think I'm doing ok. I have gone from someone who does no exercise at all (apart from looking after my 3 children aged 6, 4 and 2 and doing housework....constantly) to someone who walks to school (1.5mile) twice daily and to the supermarket (1 mile) every day. I also try to fit in a brisk 3 mile walk 3/4 times a week. unfortunately I find it very difficult to fit much else in, so I opted for the strict(ish) diet.... Back to the carbs
If someone could tell me a typical days menu for someone in my shoes, I'd be really greatful....Honest.
Many thanks to you all for the advice and support already received. xxxx

Fruit chopped in yoghurt for brekkie or scrambled eggs
tuna and salad for lunch with an orange or kiwi fruit
chicken veg or salad and lf fromage frais over small bowl strawberries.
Supper cup a soup or milky coffee made with skim milk

hi :D
I would say to avoid the beige carbs ie : bread, pasta, potato and rice oh and ofcourse biscuits and cakes etc, although you do need some carbs try to make sure its a very very small amount !! carbs are found in most foods and most are fine as long as you avoid the beige 'empty' carbs above.
Hope this helps xxx

Back