• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with BMI would I be allowed to have a band?

size102b

Sorry guys didnt know where to post on here Im new :wave_cry:

I have seriouslt considered having a gastric band for 3 years now what puts me off is 1 The money no chance of NHS funding 2 Will I die as I have 3 children :(
BUT
I have yoyoed so much every plan going especially vlcd for 5 years leading me to be 3 stone heavier.
I am on weightwatchers plan I started 1st March and I have lost 2st 10lb I exercise 5-6 days a week and I have 5 stone more to lose ,what Im worried for is regaining again,I am enjoying ww this time have stayed on plan for 21 weeks 100% but I know I yoyo,I dont think they will let me have any gastric surgery now as my BMI is 37 from 44 I knowit has to be 40 and I dont have any medical problems that puts me in the gastric surgery area.
I have emailed streamline to see fi I am suitable but I just got an email back sayinmg ring them,I havent got the cash yet so didnt want to say ok Ill have it etc.
Anyone have any knowledege etc?
Thanks xx Cherry

All i can possibly say is it's an incredibly lucky person who doesn't have to watch diet or exercise in order to maintain a 'normal' weight...

Good luck with your weight watchers plan, seems like you have your head in the 'zone' xx

Private providers will generally fit a band if your BMI is 30 or over, some will even fit one lower than that! So you should have no problems.

Back