• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

panic has set in....gastric band in 2 days!...day 5 of milk diet...nervous..help!

cheryl

its 8am on a saturday morning.. i cant sleep.i get my band on monday at dolan park. i am nervous and worried... am i doing the right thing??? i have 3 stone to lose, but i want it off forever, thats why i have turned to the band. i have yoyoed for years. i cant seem to be able to do the diets anymore. i am 41 and want to stop getting so upset about my weight. i want to do it now before i get any bigger. i have been bulimic for years, thats how my weight is partially controlled. i would love to be able to do itmyself. and i feel cross that i cant.
my mother pointed out to me last night that i could die during the operation, and that i would leave my kids behind for vanity. i cant stop thinking about that now. i am terrified that i am now doing the wrong thing when 2 weeks ago i was sure it was the right thing...
my head is everywhere.

hi
i was the same i thought what if i die and my poor kids!! i have 4stone too lose and i am like you just want it gone for good.. trust me you will be fine and you wont look back hun. dolan park is great hospital
emmax

You will be fine there is more chance of getting knocked down by a car, I started putting weight on when I turned 40 and due to countless yoyo diets nothing now works I am nearly 50 and want to lose over 6 stone, I would stop it now before you keep on getting bigger, there is nothing to fear except fear itself.....good luck xxx

It's perfectly normal to feel nervous and apprehensive. what you have to weigh up is the quality of life you will have after the op!

I had major wobbles and started thinking what is i don't see my children grow up and leave them without a mother but the harsh reality was if i carried on the way i was they had more risk of losing me as my health was that poor.

You are having the surgery for you and you will start to feel the benefits of it in no time at all. good luck hun and let us know how it all goes xx

thanks emma and everyone. i need to settle myself. it is good to hear that someone else felt the same as me before the band.
when did you get your band emma? and how much have you lost?
and really thanks for the other words of encouragement from everyone else. especially from the ladies with more to loose than me. sometimes its people who are bigger than me are the most negative, saying things like they wish they had as little to loose as me. but charliegirl, you are exactly right i dont want to have to be another 3 stone heavier before i start. thanks girls.
i am going to take my laptop with me, so PLEASE keep in contact. i am new to this site so am not very good at finding my way around. so bare with me, i will find you again! thanks

Good Luck for Monday Cheryl, I`m sure everything will b fine and you`ll b feeling even better in a few months when your a few pounds / stones lighter!!

good luck for monday i think we have all felt like you have i have at least 7 stone to get off which seems impossible but each step is a step closer to feeling happier about yourself

serenity, are u happy that u had the band

You'll be fine Cheryl,

You're doing this to give yourself a better life with your children, they'll enjoy happy mum much more than feeling crap about herself mum. Its not about vanity, it's about being fit and healthy. If we wanted a gastric band to look like Barbie we'd all have plastic tits with no nipples, an arse with no front bit and arms and legs that can swivel 360! Barbie is a minger anyway! Real women have gastric bands! LOL

i am just out of bath. had to shave legs all ready for monday! i fly over tomorrow. the sight of myself in bath helped toward me beibg glad i am getting this done

i bathed my kids first and was looking at them hoping with all my heart that nothing goes wrong. kids know nothing they just think i am going on another course.my hub and dad will hold the fort

Back