• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help with soup ideas

LOL. I can have very smooth smoothies without bits, but don't actually fancy that. I am enjoying the savory at the moment after the weeks of milk. Just depends on your taste buds I guess.

With bands you don't have to worry about dumping. I think too much fruit with its natural sugars scares me at the moment,

Yea didn't think of hidden sugars, I guess I'm gonna have to try n train my stomach to like it lol x

Thanks everyone for some lovely recipes x

Butternut squash and sweet potato sounds lovely Penguina. I'm gonna try that.

Hi All,

This is a recipe I got from Denise Morris who is the nurse at SRH PAAC. Delicious and aimed at pre-oppers but can be a delicious post op meal too!! Enjoy

Recipe: Chopped Onions, Carrots, Peppers, leeks, tomatoes, small amount of turnip, herbs, cummin, chicken or beef oxo. Add whatever herbs and spices to taste.

Cook in slow cooker over night and blitz down to small lumps next day. Pour back into to slow cooker to thicken.
Portion out in to medium size portions (about a mug full)and whatever is left, blitz to puree and pour into yoghurt pots to freeze for post op diets

Carrot and butternut squash with a tsp of curry powder is lush!

I love pumpkin and sweet potatoe soup with added pepper to give it a kick. Chicken and Veggie soup also is great with mixed herbs.

I have a slow cooker and do mine in that then use a hand blender to make it smooth. I sometimes have to then pour into my large blender to make sure there are not bits in it. Thatwas just after my surgery as I was allowed no bits in my soup.

Also you can add something like Marvel dry to soups as this adds a little proteine to the soup.

Piffy xx

Adding the marvel is a great idea, so many ideas come from this forum.

I make a latte at home by putting all milk in my cup then add tbl spoon of dry Marvel, sometimes mix the marvel with little milk first, then add rest of the milk. Then put it in the micro wave, and heat milk add to your coffee, this adds extra protein also. Good if you have to keep your protein level up and finding it hard.

Rosebun xx

I bought some protein powder from H & B but it tasted horrid just added to milk, and had to be drunk within 20 minutes, so I shan't be doing that again. Marvel sounds much better.

Can't comment on any of the latte's as I don't drink coffee!

Another variant on the Butternut Squash soup -
butternut squash and red pepper - is my favourite because its so quick to do. You can pre-roast the pepper if you want under the grill to remove the skin but I've not done that.

Chop up a squash and a red (bell) pepper; add one to one and half pints of water; 1 vegetable stock cube, or a vegetable 'jelly' type stock; 1 tsp parsley; half tsp of paprika for a bit of a kick. Bring to boil and simmer for about 15 minutes. Let it cool, then blend to however smooth you want it.

I've made it dozens of times and its always come out well - very simple and quick to make. Freezes well.

Back