• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Head hunger

prinny

Anyone got any ideas on how to get over head hunger? It's doing my head in lol. I am currently on a course run by local authority which is aimed at obese people but it doesn't really deal with head hunger, it's all about portion sizes, calories and labels etc. I know that at the minute if I give in and have a bit of something I will crash and burn and pig out. The thing is it's making me mardy! any ideas?

Anyone got any ideas on how to get over head hunger? It's doing my head in lol. I am currently on a course run by local authority which is aimed at obese people but it doesn't really deal with head hunger, it's all about portion sizes, calories and labels etc. I know that at the minute if I give in and have a bit of something I will crash and burn and pig out. The thing is it's making me mardy! any ideas?

iv never reay got over this i just work round it by eating something thats pretty much cal free like salad or fruit if you are craving and try to deny all the time you will pig out if you figure out the answer tho id def be intrested!

hunger can often be mistaken for thirst, try a glass of iced water, it takes the edge off till the feeling passes.

Can someone please explain this to me....I dont think I have had it but surely I must of....is it when you are hungry and feel you should have more on your plate than you can in actual fact eat????....or is it when your head says "go to the fridge and eat something" when really you have not long ate and should not be hungry...xx

The only real way I can deal with this if it happens is too talk myself out of it or talk myself to a compromise, in other words agree to have a very small amount of what I fancy after I have eaten the sensible bit first. Sometimes by the time I have eaten the sensible bit I am too full to contemplate the other.

Its hard that one but it will get easier as you learn new eating habits and start to learn new flavours.

Some of your old tastes will change.

I cannot stand crisps anymore, too fatty.

Good luck in trying to keep that head satisfied :)

I loved taking Reductil, it was the only thing which has ever got rid of my head hunger, but taking reductil forever wasn't the answer. It must be something to do with my brain programming! I have got some left and am wondering if it was worth braving the side effects and taking them just till i get a good restriction from having fills. I am saying this having lost my resolve today and gone on an all you can eat spree!

And to Charlie the only way I can describe it for me is that I am not hungry but my brain nags and nags at me for particular foods. Mine has been carrot cake and chocolate. The thing is once I have started eating these even if I am full ( i never feel full but must be!) my brain still tells me that I am hungry for these foods.

Oh that's not what I thought at all......I had that prior to surgery but once I had a portion of what ever I was craving I did not want any more.....it does not sound nice to suffer from though so sending you a ((((((hug)))))) and hope you get it sorted chick...xx

Back