• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

chocchucky

:cry: Oh god i need some advice, ive been reading other peoples post and they are doing fantasticly well:) Im nearly 2 months post bypass at the mo and ive only lost 2 and half stone. My other half seems to think that maybe i could be eating tooo much now i still only have a tea plate portion, i go out for a power walk or as fast i can walk anyway, 1 long one and a shorter one in the afternoon. Im really worried that im going to gain weight, i havent done at the mo but this week i havent lost anything all week so far:( Do i need to up my exercise? Would like to ride my bike but he thinks its still to early, oh god help:cry: Some advice please would help me out loads, i dont really want to put myself through this and gain weight.

Sorry for the moan guys but really need your help:(:(

Sharon xx

Sharon, stop panicking, you are doing absolutely brilliantly.

2 1/2 stone in 2 months is amazing, and is very similar to what I lost. Our starting BMI's were similar as well.

It would be very hard for you to overeat at this stage, unless you are having a lot of snacks. What do you eat in a typical day? Also, are you drinking enough fluids?

As for the exercise, if you are feeling ready for it then give it a go - but take it slowly and listen to your body.

Give yourself a pat on the back. Youve done great so far.

Hey Sam thanks for replying hun, im trying to get enough fluids down, but keep trying all the same:)

Hope this helps hun a typical day for me goes like this

Breakfast
1 weetabix with lots of s-sk milk

Mid morning i had either a banana or a ski yoghurt

Dinner

1 tbs of humous
3 small beetroot
3 mini melba toast
a handfull of prawns and tsp of mayonaise

Cup of tea

Dinner 2 tbs sweet potato
Veg 2tbs
small piece of chicken

Various drinks throughout the day:)

Hope this helps
Sharon xx

Sharon, do you keep a food diary on this forum? I do and I get a lot of information from reading what other people are eating and drinking. Also, have you taken your measurements? Sometimes the centimetres show better than the scales. And as they say, this is a marathon not a sprint. This is for life, baby!!!!!!!!!!! (Austin Powers voice)

Sharon, your menu looks fab. You are not overeating, but if anything you could do with increasing your calories - especially if you intend to start increasing your exercise.

If you cant manage any more at meal times, maybe add a couple of milky coffees throughout the day to increase calories and protein.

Sharon, I bet there are lots and lots of people just like you. They just keep quieter about their weightloss because they don't think they are doing very well. Where in fact, they, as well as you, are doing fantastic.

You see more threads on people losing lots of weight because they are so amazed that they want to tell everyone.

You should shout from the roofs too! 35lbs you have lost. That's a hell of a lot of weight!

You're doing fantastic. Keep it up!

Hi Sharon

I agree with Sam, she's spot on the money with her advice, try eating a bit more of what your eating now, its difficult getting enough in at your stage so go to 5 or 6 small meals a day and try and increase your cals in, i know sounds strange to tell someone to eat more when we've been programed to eat less, but thats what you need to do. Exercise is great so keep that up too.

Sharon sorry your feeling down but your doing great , they say looking back your ment to lose a stone a month and your well on track, we all lose at different rates and i too worry that ill put back on the weight iv lost as in this week from wednesday iv put on 2 lb but this is somthing iv done on and off a few weeks so iv got used to it now and know that if im not eating the same as before im bound to lose weight somtimes our bodys need to be in sync with our tummys before the pounds shift again x dont be disheartend love it will come off and in a couple of months time you will wonder what the worry was for , take care hun pm me any time x

Sharon your doing great! Sam and SS are right in what they say so i would take there advice. Also you may feel others are doing better then you but check out there start weights as most including myself were over 300lbs to begin with therefore would lose it quicker, you really are doing well and i found once i got past 3 months my eating was much easier and the weight did come off quicker at that stage but again remember we are all different! take care and STOP worrying!

Thank you all very much for you kind words and support during this time in which im finding things difficult at the mo:) It means so much to know that you guys and gals are out there for help, winge and if necessary a shoulder^^ It sounds really weird to eat slightly more but ill do my best:)

Thanks again and take care all:)

Sharon xx

Yeah i agree with you there:) We get told things slow down a bit, but when it actually happens you cannot help but be disheartened. We do have to remeber its stil early days for both of us, so keep smiling hun and i will to:)

Sharon xx

Back