• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woman in Need - Pls help

BMI baby

Hi everyone
Ive finally got onto this site and managed to register.Here is my plight-
I had my Gastric Band fitted at Dolan Park 10/07/09 and all went well. I returned home,liquid diet etc and off work for 2 weeks walking every day. Start weight was 227lb,lost 7lb pre op and then 17lb just starving and having slimfast and sloppies etc. I had my first fill on 11/8 4 weeks after op and nothing happened. No restriction,nothing-continued to feel starving (although not eating lots). Ive been able to eat food-any amount and not feel full. I eat only 3 times per day,small portions as this is what it says in my book (Lapband Book)and this is stuff on the diet sheet, i feel hungry after an hour maximum.
I returned for a further fill and 18 September and again nothing, no restriction and no weightloss. (ive got 5.5ml in a 10ml band) Not lost anything,so last week i decided to just have fluids as this seemed to work post op.!! For 3 days i had fluid only,slimfast,protein shakes,tea and a meal in the evening,pasta or fish and veg, all stuff named on diet sheet as free food- NOTHING lost. (except my hair started to fallout) oh and im constipated !!
I dont understand- i eat lessthan half of what i used to eat, i havent touched all the treats,chocolate,crisps,pizzas,KFC that i used to have and NOTHING. I cant go back for another fill as im going on holiday in 2 weeks and the nurse said that often band feels tighter on a flight and sometimes it needs fluid out.
Can anyone help with any advice??. Oh and on the subject of exercise- walk,walk walk-i walked 10k last sunday and intend doing it twice this weekend and i do my Wii workouts in the evening at home.
Please give me some advice as im beginning to feel dis-heartened and the fact i may of wasted £6000:cry:
Any tips i can try??
thanks xx

Back