• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Could this be the reason why? Pls read.

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
I really need advice on this stall.

Ive been trying to work out why i havent been losing weight, when ive been so good. This could be why:

I started on a new anti-depressant on 4th august, that is known for increasing ur appetite and weight gain, but because of the op i persuaded my psych to give me it, thinking it wouldnt make a difference, but maybe it has???

Its Mirtazapine. But hubby doesnt think it is cos of it because of the physical changes of the WLS iykwim.

I was on that a couple of years ago and it made me exhausted and starving, so you might be right:(

Hi

It could be the reason, Im a bander but surely even if you wanted to eat much more your pouch would prevent you? sorry dont really know much about the bypass.

If you are feeling really hungry though maybe you should speak to your GP and get him to review your meds.

Maz x

Mirtazapine doesn't make you put on weight just like that, but it does increase your appetite, so it can lead to weight gain if you eat more.

I would say if you need an antidepressant then sorting your depression is extremely important, although I also understand that being overweight can be a contributing factor to depression, so it's a bit of a viscious circle.

Good luck xx

Back