• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!

karenlouisemee

I am still waiting for my op date but finding it really hard. I am so inpatient and feeling the need to eat and i really dont want to put on any weight i wasnt given an amount to loose or anything like that but i really dont want to gain.:wave_cry:

I'm exactly the same totally impatient, then I think whats the point & wanna grab a load of junk food. But what I do is before I open the crisps, sweets choc, wine etc. I come on this forum & read people's diaries, look at the b4 & afta photo's. Suddenly the junk doesnt seem so appealing so I pour myself a vodka & continue to read. Ha ha

Its worth a go ;-)

think we have all been there. but remember the fitter you are before surgery the faster yr recovery. also the mored you address yr emotional eating now the better prepared you are for after!!!
get a jigsaw and everytime you feel like nibbling set yrself a task to do at least 10 pieces!!!

Karen it won't be long now sweetheart. We have all gone through this so know exactly how you feel. Its not nice waiting for the "letter" with dates but hang on in there because it will come eventually and then you'll be so happy you will have forgot about how long it took and just look to the healthy,slimmer future that is round the cornerxxxxx

Hi Karen, I know exactly what you mean, I am being tempted too by bad foods, and it is so very hard not to give in. I have been eating chocolate and cakes, and I know I shouldn't, but I guess we think we have still got time to lose some weight when we actually get the op date. BUT after the dietician giving us a talk last Sunday at the Bospa meeting, it is much better for us to start regulating our food now, as it is much better for our liver. So I am going to really try and stop myself reaching for naughty foods, hope you can do the same, sending hugs to you, let's hope we get those letters soon xxxxxxxx

You would be a lot better off starting now as it wont be such a shock to you when you do your pre op diet.
I followed Weight Watchers while I was waiting for my 1st date.
I saw the dietition and choose the Slimfast diet but instead of having 5 bottles per day I had 2, one for breakfast and one for lunch, then a good healthy dinner.
If you are really serious about losing weight then you will have to cut back at some time, so why not make it easier for youselves and start now.
I started ww in Sept 2009, then my version of slimfast at beginning of Mar 2010, I started the 5per day slimfast on 15 Mar and had my op on 27th
I was a little over 33st before I started and was 29st when I went on the table. I am now 26 1/2 st and still going down. It is not easy but well worth it
I hope this is use full to you

All i can say is i'm hearing exactly what your saying, i was doing so well but recently have gone off the rails :(, i am trying so hard to get back on track but each day seems a struggle at the moment, but we must try for our own health & from what i've read on the threads it will pay off for us in the end!!!!

What you need to do is not buy the nice stuff in for a start! Do what i do and pick it up at Tesco's on the way home... (oops scrap that last sentence)..

Seriously get some lovely yummy in season fruit in from the market, topped with some yoghurt you'll really enjoy it and feel saintly...

Next get yourself into town and go in all the skinny girl shops (Dorothy Perkins, Monsoon etc etc) look at their largest size which may or may not fit you (they dont fit me - yet) and imagine how good that's gonna feel when you walk in and take one off the rail to try on???

Maybe spend some time cruising ebay or other cheap n chearful clothes shopping sites looking at what you'd love to buy instead of what you buy because they do your side and it's not SOOOO BAD..

Your time is coming Karen, it's not gonna be long now...

Oh yeah, ring the hospital see where you are on the lists. Good luck xx

You would be a lot better off starting now as it wont be such a shock to you when you do your pre op diet.
I followed Weight Watchers while I was waiting for my 1st date.
I saw the dietition and choose the Slimfast diet but instead of having 5 bottles per day I had 2, one for breakfast and one for lunch, then a good healthy dinner.
If you are really serious about losing weight then you will have to cut back at some time, so why not make it easier for youselves and start now.
I started ww in Sept 2009, then my version of slimfast at beginning of Mar 2010, I started the 5per day slimfast on 15 Mar and had my op on 27th
I was a little over 33st before I started and was 29st when I went on the table. I am now 26 1/2 st and still going down. It is not easy but well worth it
I hope this is use full to you

Well done on your weight loss, long may in continue.Rob

hi Karen ,
it's fantastic someone else has admitted to feeling like i am, im glad its not just me that feels like that , was staring to think i was some kind of impatient operation obsessed fool my every waking hour is spent thinking about food and this operation. i lost the 8lbs target i was set weeks ago and my mood keeps changing from sod it my next appointments not till december so why dont i eat what i want and then lose it again before i go ( wrong attitude i know ) to wow i have lost some weight well done me lets keep going and see how much i can lose. its like a rollercoaster of emotions and i just want the operation now so i can get on with the rest of my life ( i told you i was impatient ).

the only thing that is helping me stay focused is the friendship and advice i am getting on here as some very clever person said we all in this together !!!

keep your chin up sweetie we will get there in the end

thanks guys and girls im getting more focused now and have started on the slimfast diet to help me along and get me back in the right frame of mind x

Back