• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Y cant i keep any food in with out being sick

reema

Hi guys I'm feeling so frustrated as I'm so hungry but this week I'm finding it hard to keep anything in,i know I'm only 5weeks post op but in the begining i was OK so not really sure whats happening now..
I'm still finding it very difficult to drink water i just hope it gets better with time..:wave_cry:

Hi dont know which surgery you had but if your worried or frustrated I would personally contact my provider. I am lucky with my surgery I got a brilliant dietician who basically reassures me and gives me meal plans if I am struggling so hopefully you have the same kind of contact with your supplier. Keep persivering it all seems hard but I am 3 months post op now and eating a small amount of what my family eat just low fat wherever necessary and have been lucky so I wish you the same very soon x

I had similar problems at your stage and found going back to basics for a few days helped, little and often for a couple of days of pouch friendly food. Not getting too hungry helped, as I got nauseus when I was hungry, and not getting dehydrated. I know you said you struggled with the water, and I know how you feel there, but it really did make me feel better if I was hydrated.

Hope you feel better soon.

Rx

Try having your fluids at different temps, like hot tea or ice lollies. See if you are able to tolerate one more than the other. You must stay hydrated so if you truly stuggle to get your fluids in then you must contact your bariatirc team and get their help. You can go a length of time without eating (not advised mind you) but you cannot function without fluids so if you don't get your team's help you could end up in the hospital for dehyration. Make sure that you tell your team about your diet recently, explaining when you feel ill or have been sick and that you now struggle even with water.

As a side note, if you have been actually vomitting, you should return to liquid phase for a couple of days. This is because being sick will swell the lining of your pouch and make eating very difficult and thus cause a 'vomit cycle' where you are sick every time you eat. Give your pouch a rest and focus on liquids for a bit and of course follow your team's advice.

Hope you feel better soon,
Nic;)

Hey guys Thank you to you all for your advice i will be seeing my dietitian on the 24th of Feb so will talk to her then about it..sorry 4got to mention that i had gastric bypass..hope you all stay well..xxxx

Hi Reema

It's still early days so go easy on yourself :) You didn't mention what or how much you are trying to eat, is it possible you may be trying to eat how you did pre op, not in quantity but perhaps not chewing enough or putting to much on the spoon or fork. I still have problems with meat and I am over 3 months post bypass.

slow slow slow....chew chew chew.....tiny tiny tiny lol

Also dont gulp liquids sip them and do not drink at meal times at all and leave it at least half an hour after eating before having a drink.

Hope you feel better soon
Take care

hi there I was just thinking if it is plain water you are not keen on then how about trying flavoured water but not the fizzy type. I find perfectly clear still apple flavour water very very tasy it tastes just like Red apples and it doesn't seem like I am having water. The peach is nice too and strawberry and kiwi flavour from Volvic. Hope this helps a little xxx

Back