• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

amy_m

I'm having a very bad day, I've just lost my job and now feel very sad and just want to eat till am sick, but on the other hand I've worked so hard to lose what I have I don't want to spoil it xx

Oh no! So sorry you've lost your job :( especially this time of year, I know it's hard not to eat, I'm on the same boat, I'm off sick till whenever and don't get paid, try to deal with it in another way, jobsites, walking or visiting friends. Wish you luck honey xxx

from me phone :D

Life has a nasty habit of jumping up and biting us on the bum doesn't it.

I know its difficult but try to keep away from the comfort foods that you are looking at right now.....otherwise you know you'll feel worse and will be more annoyed with yourself.

Get out and about. Use your time for a hobby, volunteering or just as Caren says catch up with old friends .

Be good to yourself. Take care :):)

Hi Amy, I am a strong believer that everything happens for a reason. It may seem dark now, but in a few months time there will be a much slimmer and more confident you, who will have a much better job than you had, and you will look back and think 'Thank goodness that happened because I wouldn't have all that I have now'. Sometimes it take a push like losing a job to give us the incentive to go out there and get what we really want. Often job security can be the thing that holds us back from achieving our potential.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today, Amy sweetheart ... what a rotten thing to happen to you. Try to resist comfort eating as it is very short lived but the consequences are much longer lived. Get out & about as much as possible ... does not matter what you are doing as long as you are active. Sitting at home will bring you down. What was your job? Will you find it hard to get another in the same field? You are only young, darling ... use this as an opportunity to do something you really wanted to do but work got in the way... Chin up sweet xx :)

hope you are feeling better today, as twinkle says keep active hunny and dont give in to comfort eating as it really truely is short lived. we are all here for you any time just hope you know that you are never on your own. stuff that job love itsa there loss and belive you me you will find a much better one soon i know it doesnt feel like it a the moment but you will.
even go and take a bus to town and window shop so long as you are out and abount, dont stay home all the time it to will make you feel dowm. take care hunny cos we care. x x x x x x

Thank you all for been there, xx

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that :-(

I'd really recommend getting out the house for a walk, even if it's just ten minutes or so, just removing yourself from a physical environment where you're feeling stressed can make a huge difference. And spend a lot of time on here - everyone is wonderfully supportive :)

And, of course, start looking for that perfect job that you're going to love!

So sorry to hear your bad news. As everyone has said, get out of the house. Have you a park nearby - a great way to clear your head and gather your thought. I found volunteering a great leveller which made me feel good about myself, reminded me there were people much worse off than me and actually led to me getting a job! Be kind to yourself and your body with healthy food as junk will worsen depression and sap your confidence x

Back