• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

Nkpjkb56

Had my band last Saturday don't know if I am doing the liquid diet properly I only have 1slimfast a day for breakfast and a yogurt drink for lunch then a soup for dinner I drink water squash coffee and cranberry juice through out the day am I having enough

Sounds about right at this point while you're on the liquid diet to be honest, if you're not hungry, there's no point in having too much. The most important thing at this stage is making sure you stay hydrated, so plenty of water too. You could always have a slimfast at lunchtime and then the yoghurt mid afternoon if you felt you needed a bit more :)

You can also have things such as
- fruit juice
- vegetable juice
- fruit smoothies (mix in berries for fibre and a bit of skimmed milk powder for extra protein)
- salty drink such as bovril/oxo/stock cube
- milk based drinks such as plain milk, milky coffee, options hot chocolate mixed with milk - all good to have for the extra protein too :)

There's no need to just stick to shakes and soups :)

Some people find they cannot even tolerate thicker stuff at this point, I spent up to day 7 on pretty much clear liquids as I couldn't stomach the milk and I don't do soups or shakes. The important thing is keeping hydrated. As my provider said to me, if I'm not hungry and don't want anything to "eat" obviously in liquid form at that stage not to worry, but keeping fully hydrated is incredibly important :)

What top_Kat said!:D

I drank a lot of latte and chai latte on the liquid fortnight. I had soup and shakes, but the shakes were sweet and I didn't always fancy soup. I always fancy a Costa lol!

Back