• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!!!

Love you Ceecie! You are amazing too ... as is your life, and the new one that awaits you! Go with it, it is there for the grasping, even when you think the roller-coaster is going to crash and throw you into oblivion. You will cling on because you are a strong woman who wants this more than anything in life - but with the gain comes the pain. It will all be OK - we all understand, some more than others (the other super-losers on here). Have a great holiday - you will have an amazing time, together as a family xxx

Ceecie you have done amazingly well and will continue to do so, the difference in your pics are fantastic and as we know this time last year a leisurely stroll would be a walk down the drive to the car not a few hours browsing around, just keep doing what you're doing :)

Wow you have done amazing Hun!! I have just spent some time looking through a few pages on here as it's the first time I've come across your diary. You should be so proud, I imagine the ups and downs are all par for the course - just got to keep that positive attitude.

Your pics are fab. Do you mind me asking how much you've lost now?

S x

Your doing amazing still ceecie just keep thinking positive thoughts on what you have/can achieve whrn you need a boost your an inspiration to many on here myself included go enjoy the holiday and relax a little x

Thanks ladies. I do feel stronger and more in control again. What a month!! Maybe it was hitting 40?!! I'm not taking any crap in August....particularly from myself!! Lol :) xxx

Hi Ceecie, I am 3 years post op this month on the 20th and I have been through a great range of emotions. I had 2 years to get my head around what life would be like after the op. It was daunting but this was my last chance I was 45 when I had my op and its just a shame I didn't do it when I was younger. That is my biggest regret, the other regret is going back to having sweet stuff. I crave it daily. Worse than I did before the op. I do not want to undo any work that I have already done but I have managed to put a stone on. I really should have weighed myself this morning as its been a few weeks since I did but am fearful that I may have put more on. I have found my self slipping back into old habits when stressed wanting sweet things. I really don't want to go back from where I came and my exercise is only walking now, my shifts are taken their toll on me, oh and dancing when I go out love to dance. I still have a wide range of emotions which see saw from time to time. I have also gone through the menopause now so as you can imagine the last 5 years have been difficult. My kids have left home one is married the other engaged and we will be grandparents in December. WE have been married 29 years. I have over come so many of lifes hurdles yet this journey I think has been the most difficult to deal with our heads are all over the place. At home when I get ready I think I look huge at work when I look I don't look too big at all I think its where and what situation we are in if that makes sense. I have gone back into a 20 for trousers for my thighs but still an 18 on the top. I can cope with that but am afraid of going bigger. Enjoy where you are you are doing really well and you are strong and you will get there. xx Stay strong xx

Thanks Terrilou....time HAS gone soo fast, I can't believe you've had your op!!! How are you getting on? The weight must be flying off now!? Xxx

Hey Cecee, I've lost 3 stones since the op and 7 stones overall now, really happy. Feeling great, although I do get hit with the "but I've still got such a long way to go" feeling at times, which gets me down. I'm over half way now. ;)

This is an emotional rollercoaster and I defy anyone to say otherwise. Like terilou I get the "I have come so so far" high and then get moments of despair when I think I have yet so far to go and the big doubt creeps in that I'm never going to get there. It's a constant battle but I'm going to give it my best shot to get as close as I can!

Ceecie as a fellow heavy weight loser you are doing remarkably and you have every reason to feel very proud of your achievement so far you deserve it ...imagine where you will be by the end of the year :). Onwards and downwards lovely lady we will get there! xxx

Me too femfrankie, I was over 24.5 stones when I started this journey last year. You're both so inspirational to so many of us. xx

Wow you have done amazing Hun!! I have just spent some time looking through a few pages on here as it's the first time I've come across your diary. You should be so proud, I imagine the ups and downs are all par for the course - just got to keep that positive attitude. Your pics are fab. Do you mind me asking how much you've lost now? S x

I've lost nearly 12 stone now, 8 1/2 months out. I had a massive loss over the first 2 months, I think it was 5 stone....now I've slowed to 8-10lbs per month for the past 5 months. I'm happy with my loss, just struggling emotionally and have had lots of illness. I'm good now however and look forward to a more relaxed run up to Christmas!!! :)

This is an emotional rollercoaster and I defy anyone to say otherwise. Like terilou I get the "I have come so so far" high and then get moments of despair when I think I have yet so far to go and the big doubt creeps in that I'm never going to get there. It's a constant battle but I'm going to give it my best shot to get as close as I can! Ceecie as a fellow heavy weight loser you are doing remarkably and you have every reason to feel very proud of your achievement so far you deserve it ...imagine where you will be by the end of the year :). Onwards and downwards lovely lady we will get there! xxx

Thanks darl, I do feel better. It is indeed a rollercoater, but def worth it. I was naive to think I would fly through the process....it's been a massive challenge, but I'm winning. I like my reflection and although I still have such a lot to lose, I can see a slimmer version of me emerging.

This sounds really vain....but I'm starting to think, "wow I'm going to look pretty FIT!!" Haha!! :)

You have done amazingly well and deserve all the compliments and twit twooo's in the world Frances, you're a proper little beauty!! :) xxx

Hey Cecee, I've lost 3 stones since the op and 7 stones overall now, really happy. Feeling great, although I do get hit with the "but I've still got such a long way to go" feeling at times, which gets me down. I'm over half way now. ;)

That's fantastic!! Well done!!

I totally get the deflated feeling about how much more you have to lose.....I'm still bigger than most at the start of their journeys. Stay focused and don't compare your loss to anyone else's. It is coming off. Your life is changing. Be proud and keep looking after yourself xxx

Hi Ceecie, I am 3 years post op this month on the 20th and I have been through a great range of emotions. I had 2 years to get my head around what life would be like after the op. It was daunting but this was my last chance I was 45 when I had my op and its just a shame I didn't do it when I was younger. That is my biggest regret, the other regret is going back to having sweet stuff. I crave it daily. Worse than I did before the op. I do not want to undo any work that I have already done but I have managed to put a stone on. I really should have weighed myself this morning as its been a few weeks since I did but am fearful that I may have put more on. I have found my self slipping back into old habits when stressed wanting sweet things. I really don't want to go back from where I came and my exercise is only walking now, my shifts are taken their toll on me, oh and dancing when I go out love to dance. I still have a wide range of emotions which see saw from time to time. I have also gone through the menopause now so as you can imagine the last 5 years have been difficult. My kids have left home one is married the other engaged and we will be grandparents in December. WE have been married 29 years. I have over come so many of lifes hurdles yet this journey I think has been the most difficult to deal with our heads are all over the place. At home when I get ready I think I look huge at work when I look I don't look too big at all I think its where and what situation we are in if that makes sense. I have gone back into a 20 for trousers for my thighs but still an 18 on the top. I can cope with that but am afraid of going bigger. Enjoy where you are you are doing really well and you are strong and you will get there. xx Stay strong xx

Hi Chrissa

I have related to your story more than a few times throughout my journey. You have done fantastically well. I am particularly interested in the idea of our "natural weight". I know we all have hopes of being slim at the beginning and it is that notion that pushes many of us to have surgery. Since having massive losses, I am however, less concerned about being slim. I've really come to feel that my health and overall wellbeing is the most important aspect of this journey. If you have a sweet tooth darling, let yourself have a treat and don't beat yourself up about it. BUT you must not fall back into constant indulgences. If you can have a balanced attitude towards food, you can enjoy the best of both worlds....HEALTH and HAPPINESS. I've lost that lust for tasting food that I once had....but I'm not counting on it being that way for ever. I know as time passes bad habits will challenge me, my weightloss and ultimately, my self esteem. I'm determined not to get into my old pattern of eating something I shouldn't, feeling crap about myself and then eating some more.

My advice to you is to remain positive, celebrate your achievements, let yourself have a weekly treat BUT curb that daily sugar fix. You do need to watch what you eat, but don't be hard on yourself. The last photo I saw of you was absolutely beautiful xxx

I've lost nearly 12 stone now, 8 1/2 months out. I had a massive loss over the first 2 months, I think it was 5 stone....now I've slowed to 8-10lbs per month for the past 5 months. I'm happy with my loss, just struggling emotionally and have had lots of illness. I'm good now however and look forward to a more relaxed run up to Christmas!!! :)

That is absolutely incredible Hun. I am so happy for you. Glad you are better now, I had a lot of illness for the past 2 years leading up to the surgery so hoping now I've had it that some of them will subside.

Your posts are very inspiring and helpful, I have only just started my post op journey so I have found the 2013 guys diaries so amazingly helpful.

Oo Christmas - that word is banned for at least another 3 months ;-) x

Your loss is incredible! Well done. I'm struggling emotionally a bit at the moment too, my brain still trying to catch up. Trying to be more self-compassionate but I don't find it easy...

I range from a size 8(!) to a 14 depending on shop and fit of the garment! Fertility appointment on 26th though and that's the most important bit to me :)

You're looking fab xxx

Great stuff ceecie. Keep going xxx

Thanks ladies!

Nic you are doing amazingly well, keep your chin up darling, you are beautiful!!

I'm so glad our diaries are helping the newbies. I remember soaking it all up at the beginning of my journey. It's so much easier when you have others to relate to....you realise you are "normal" in the weightloss community and that there are people who actually understand what you are going through.

I will keep posting. Might even do some latest pics :)

HI Ceecie pictures are always good to see, look forward to it. I am waiting to see the beautiful Uvessa in her stunnig wedding dress. I hope they had a fabulous day she as worked incredibly hard and made her own dreams come true. x

HI Ceecie pictures are always good to see, look forward to it. I am waiting to see the beautiful Uvessa in her stunnig wedding dress. I hope they had a fabulous day she as worked incredibly hard and made her own dreams come true. x

Me too, can't wait to see her pics!!! :) x

I too loved the diarys/pics when I was a newbie (still do ) but I always thought I'd be the one that the op didn't work for :)

Back