• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last attempt for some help/advice... PLEASE

Instead of soup on an evening I've tried an omellete which i was okay with. I'll certainly try the mixed beans.

I can only describe the way I feel as being pregnant. When I'm pregnant (I'M NOT THOUGH) I am really sensitive to food smells & tastes, so bad that I vomit.

Yesterday I decided to make a chilli with turkey mince & its the first time I've tried it. Well would have been the first time if I'd managed to actually eat it, I couldn't as just the smell made me feel physically sick. I had to put it in the bin outside.

I'm soooo wierd!!

have you tried quorn mince as it could be the meaty smell your body may be associating the smell of cooking meat with sickness a built in warning allert as it may??????

Your intake seems wrong to me. I would start to use a food logging website such as these

Calorie Counter, Calorie Tracker & Food Journal | MyPlate on LIVESTRONG.COM

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

That will help you to see how many calories and carbs/protein etc you are getting in. The bulk of your intake should be from protein and you should aim to get at least 70g a day in.

You should also not drop below 1000 calories a day as an absolute minimum, more when you consider the amount of exercise you are doing.

You might just need to eat a little more, and increase your lean protein rather than trying to get it from carb rich milk.

I would also ask to see your NUT ASAP. They will look at what you're easting and tell you where you are going astray

Good luck with it Jo

have you tried quorn mince as it could be the meaty smell your body may be associating the smell of cooking meat with sickness a built in warning allert as it may??????

Quorn chilli is actually what I'm planning for tea tomorrow ;)

sweety, like i said on my other thread, i completely get how down-hearted you must feel. I would too in your shoes, no doubt about it.
I think you're light on your protein especially from meat and fish sources.
Could you try going back to slightly sloppier foods meat and fish wise, ie. shepherds pie, minced beef, fish pie, lasagne, chilli? I suggest this since the chicken made you poorly.
I think too that you might be drinking a bit too much coffee. Maybe try 'snacking' on cheese instead?
and try for another portion of fruit a day.

I think we need to give our bodies a surprise every so often; I remember this from SW. Sticking to pretty much the same food all the time stops weight loss.
I do appreciate how difficult it is when you've been struggling to tolerate so many foods.
Hugs and please, please, keep posting and let us help and encourage you.
Grace xxx

Thanks Grace. I think its cos I've been so ill with nausea that I'm scared to try foods again. I was once ill at work after eating egg & had to go home after vomiting in the loo (very embarassing). So I tend to stick to foods I know I'm okay with when I'm working.

My shopping is being delivered on Thursday with quorn pieces & loads of fruit.

I'm pretty sure we can dump on fat. It makes me very ill too. it's not the same as a sugar dump but I know my Bariatric team told me we could dump on fatty food. It was mentioned at seminar. Maybe by dumping they just mean that we have an intolerance which causes dumping-type symptoms. it makes me feel very sick, dizzy and then have to run to the loo.

you're right Grace...dumping is rapid emptying of the stomach into intestines this is brought on by fats and sugars

Your intake seems wrong to me. I would start to use a food logging website such as these

Calorie Counter, Calorie Tracker & Food Journal | MyPlate on LIVESTRONG.COM

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

That will help you to see how many calories and carbs/protein etc you are getting in. The bulk of your intake should be from protein and you should aim to get at least 70g a day in.

You should also not drop below 1000 calories a day as an absolute minimum, more when you consider the amount of exercise you are doing.

You might just need to eat a little more, and increase your lean protein rather than trying to get it from carb rich milk.

I would also ask to see your NUT ASAP. They will look at what you're easting and tell you where you are going astray

Good luck with it Jo

Thanks Karl ;)

Reactions: Bev
Arrggghgh stupid phone just typed a very long post and lost it.

Basically - no to the pouch test, yes to the protein shakes, drop a couple of milky coffees, eat 3 meals and 3 protein based snacks per day, start with eggs or other protein for breakfast, not carbs, and eat by the clock not your stomach.

If you want more ideas or suggestions for meals and snacks feel free to pm me, I don't post much.

great minds lol xxxx

Hi J-Mo, sorry you're feeling so low and I know you probably don't believe people when they say that the weight will start to come off - but it will!!

Looking at your menu, I'd say that maybe you are having too much milk and definately not enough food and good fats.

You're a big coffee drinker so have you tried fully skimmed milk made up with protein powder instead of semi skimmed meaning that you can miss out your shake and have some fruit or a few slices of chicken/cold meat instead?

Do you ever eat a 'proper' meal and not just soup/salad etc? I'd really recommend buying some Quorn products - maybe sausages with a few spoons of mash and veg, a Quorn/Veg curry or stir fry?

What works for some won't work for others but I've read on a lot of the US forums that people having a slow few weeks/months try a big sugar/carb hit to kick-start. I tried it on a slow week and it worked (slice of pizza)

Hopefully you'll get some ideas and your loss will start again. Best of luck.

Arrggghgh stupid phone just typed a very long post and lost it.

Basically - no to the pouch test, yes to the protein shakes, drop a couple of milky coffees, eat 3 meals and 3 protein based snacks per day, start with eggs or other protein for breakfast, not carbs, and eat by the clock not your stomach.

If you want more ideas or suggestions for meals and snacks feel free to pm me, I don't post much.

Thanks I'll try this

Hi love , I stalled last week and I was devastated so I can't imagine how you feel , iv not got anything to add about your diet because I'm behind you , I also dump off fat , sick, dizzy and knocks me out. Iv yet to dump off sugar. Hope you get sorted and start loosing again xxx

Hi J-Mo, sorry you're feeling so low and I know you probably don't believe people when they say that the weight will start to come off - but it will!!

Looking at your menu, I'd say that maybe you are having too much milk and definately not enough food and good fats.

You're a big coffee drinker so have you tried fully skimmed milk made up with protein powder instead of semi skimmed meaning that you can miss out your shake and have some fruit or a few slices of chicken/cold meat instead?

Do you ever eat a 'proper' meal and not just soup/salad etc? I'd really recommend buying some Quorn products - maybe sausages with a few spoons of mash and veg, a Quorn/Veg curry or stir fry?

What works for some won't work for others but I've read on a lot of the US forums that people having a slow few weeks/months try a big sugar/carb hit to kick-start. I tried it on a slow week and it worked (slice of pizza)

Hopefully you'll get some ideas and your loss will start again. Best of luck.

Thanks. I've ordered loads of Quorn stuff with my shopping this week. Hopefully I'll be able to tolerate this better than I do meat.

Thanks. I've ordered loads of Quorn stuff with my shopping this week. Hopefully I'll be able to tolerate this better than I do meat.

I eat Quorn quite a few times a week and the dietician told me that it is much easier to digest than meat.(Havn't ate any meat in 25 years anyway)

The larger item like the sausages, burgers etc. get quite dry so be careful cooking with them and try them in a casserole or sauce- if you are finding it difficult to keep food down then start with the mince - maybe a bolognaise or sheperds pie?

If you want any recipes, let me know and I'll PM you.

Take care. Anne

I eat Quorn quite a few times a week and the dietician told me that it is much easier to digest than meat.(Havn't ate any meat in 25 years anyway)

The larger item like the sausages, burgers etc. get quite dry so be careful cooking with them and try them in a casserole or sauce- if you are finding it difficult to keep food down then start with the mince - maybe a bolognaise or sheperds pie?

If you want any recipes, let me know and I'll PM you.

Take care. Anne

As I am the worst cook in the world I'd love any recipes you may have.
Thanks

You can dump off fat, and I also think rather than ditching the coffee, ditch the caffine.
What your eating, or what you listed for that day sounded good to me, other than the carbs in the toast - but I do know thatsthe only carb your having. Try cutting that out? And defo speak to your dietician for more hints and tips x

Good luck chick. Sounds like you got your head screwed on and your food isnt bad, so it will just be time and perseverance - You'll be posting in a week that you lost 10 stone in a day (Peter Kay style lol) Fingers crossed and good luck chick x

Back