• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last attempt for some help/advice... PLEASE

Thanks Angie, I feel such a failure at the moment & it doesn't help that people keep mentioning my lack of weight loss at work :mad:

I'm going to keep track on my calorie intake on one of the sites mentioned.

this is exactly why I never told anyone :sigh:

I'm going to ask for some help/advice & hopefully I won't get 'shot down'.

I'm feeling very low about this & I am desperate for help which is why I'm asking.

I had my bypass 02/10/2010 & lost (including pre-op diet) a total of approx 55lbs. However, since week 8 post op I have not lost a lb. Nor have I lost an inch as I know some people have said I'm probably losing inches not lb's.

This means for the past 6 weeks I've had no weight loss, is this normal so soon after an op?

Its very disheartening & I realise I will have stalls but I'm truly shocked at the length of time this stall is, if that's what it is.

I'm tolerating foods again after suffering with nausea but its not aided my weight loss obviously.

An average daily food/drink intake is as follows:-
2 x litres of water with NAS squash
4 x cups of milky coffee made with s.s. milk
1 x protein drink made with protein powder & 200ml s.s. milk
6 melba toast or crispbread with low fat Philadelphia cheese
boiled egg, cherry tomatoes & cucumber with low fat salad cream
small handful of mixed nuts
small bowl soup (normally chicken & sweetcorn)
piece of fruit (normally small banana)

I've got to be doing something wrong but I just don't know what!!! Reading my list it seems a lot of food doesn't it?

I'd like to reiterate what I've said before & that I am NOT complaining about the amount of weight I've lost BUT the length of time I've not lost weight for.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice :)

JMo, i think your drinking plenty which is great, but i don't think you're having too much food at all! I've never had a 6 week stall, but i've had probably 6 weeks of stalls in the first three months.... It's just not fair that you're trying so hard and the scales aren't being good to you. I hope it finishes soon and gives you the loss you deserve xxx

this is exactly why I never told anyone :sigh:

I haven't told many people but had to tell my manager & then he betrayed my confidence by announcing in a managers meeting about my op!!

Of course the gossiping then started. It doesn't bother me 'cos none would dare say anything to my face! Its just added pressure of feeling we're being watched that we can do without.

Hope your weight loss improves soon too ;)

Hi jmo, iv just read all this and im sorry to here you are having no losses...i can understand your frustration love.

You have been given lots and lots of sound advise and the support is amazing.

As you know i am pre op so i wont advise on anything but i want you to know that i will be following you from now on and hoping that you start loosing again very soon.

Im thinking of you lovey and if you try to follow some of the advise above im sure you will soon be having the losses you rightly deserve. Huggs xxx

J-Mo i'm feeling your pain i've had a few wks in a row where those bloody scales have not moved, but when i looked at the bigger picture i had to admit i was making the wrong food choices....so i've had a word with myself & hopefully things will start to move for me, i am lucky that i can eat pretty much anything i have meat & veg most nights for dinner (when i'm behaving!) & i've got to say i enjoy it, it appears i don't dump on sugar :cry: but i do on fats!
Maybe do what the others have said & just keep trying different foods, good for you with the exercise again its something that i need to get back into....good luck hope the pounds start falling off again soon xxxx

I was wondering how it had been this last couple of days Jacci... keep us posted and keep a daily check in so we can all be here for you love... hoping that tomorrow is going to be better. Love and hugs Jacci xxx

Back