• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

mrspplus3

Hi I had to stop smoking to get the surgery which after a while I did ... loosing weight and quitting together was hard .
Problem is I've been having the odd cigarette which the last few days as turned into 2 or 3 ... I don't no if it's nerves or what but my surgery is the 4th of January and I'm worried now as I've read that some surgeons will not operate on smokers ... I've waited so long for this and hoping I haven't ruined it all .
I have stopped as from today and thrown lighters ect out just wondered if I will be ok to still have the surgery....bi jo I'm stupid and so disappointed in myself.
Advise please xx

Hi and welcome firstly to a fab friendly site..... i too had to give up the fags for my op earlier in the year.... my surgeon made it perfectly clear that if i did not give up i wouldn't even get on the waiting list...... im dead pleased to say i have been a non smoker for over a year now, and no going back :)

Ok so you know you've wrong.....and are going cold turkey again as of now...... just make sure it stays that way hunni...... being gifted one of these ops via the nhs is a huge deal don't go messing up for the sake of a couple of cigs. I'm honestly not sure how anyone would know, but i feel honesty is always the best policy...... Admit you've made a huge mistake but are deffo as of now a NON smoker and fingers crossed all is well x x x xx be sure to throw them good and proper ) dont even be tempted by an ecig...... my surgeon was just as strict on them too..... all else fails get to the doc and get some help that way, i used Champix

Wishing you all the very best x x x x

+1 for champix, they helped me quit for a knee op over 3 years ago( not smoked since). Keep off the fags from now on and hopefully all the crappy stuff should be out of yr system before yr surgery date. Smoking constricts yr blood flow and significantly slows down the healing process(aswell as a whole host of other stuff) so you don't want any of the negative aspects of that intereferring with yr bodies recovery after surgery. Whether or not you can be tested to see if yr still smoking is another matter. Like crystal I would not have been put on the list for surgery if I was still smoking. I know it's tough but you need to weigh up how important this surgery is to you, if you want it bad enough you can do it! X

Back