• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

E-cigarettes / Sleep Apnoea Salford

shell-

Two unrelated questions about the Salford process.

Does anyone know if in the run-up to surgery if using an e-cigarette is OK? I know you must quit smoking two weeks before the surgery, and I've assumed that was because of the carbon monoxide in your blood from smoking. Now I'm wondering if using an e-cigarette would be ok. I've gone from smoking 10 - 15 a day down to 1 or 2 over the past few months with e-cigarettes. They've been a lifesaver for me.

I've been told that I need to do a sleep apnoea test before I can see the surgeon. I didn't think to ask, though, if it is done in the hospital or at home. Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Really hoping it is at home, I'll never get any sleep in the hospital with all the stuff hooked up to me! (and fingers crossed I don't have it, as I need to be able to drive!)

Many thanks!

I plan to smoke an e cigarette. When I smoke to te docs they told me that I need some sort of NRT. Well an e cigarette has nicotine but nothing else in just the same as any NRT that a doc will provide x

Two unrelated questions about the Salford process.

Does anyone know if in the run-up to surgery if using an e-cigarette is OK? I know you must quit smoking two weeks before the surgery, and I've assumed that was because of the carbon monoxide in your blood from smoking. Now I'm wondering if using an e-cigarette would be ok. I've gone from smoking 10 - 15 a day down to 1 or 2 over the past few months with e-cigarettes. They've been a lifesaver for me.

I've been told that I need to do a sleep apnoea test before I can see the surgeon. I didn't think to ask, though, if it is done in the hospital or at home. Does anyone have any recent experience with this?

Really hoping it is at home, I'll never get any sleep in the hospital with all the stuff hooked up to me! (and fingers crossed I don't have it, as I need to be able to drive!)

Many thanks!

I was bypassed at Salford a while ago now,
I had my sleep test done at home,I was allowed to take the machinery home.
But had to return it early next morning so they could get the results for it.

Oh..make sure you stick to all rules pre op,,
Dr ammori(if he's your surgeon is very strict)...but very good x

I plan to smoke an e cigarette. When I smoke to te docs they told me that I need some sort of NRT. Well an e cigarette has nicotine but nothing else in just the same as any NRT that a doc will provide x

Is this what the surgeon / anaesthetist said? It was my thought, too, it is just a different form of nicotine replacement...

Oh, that is good news, I do hope they let me do it at home! Fingers crossed! How long was it until you had the results?

Oh..make sure you stick to all rules pre op,,
Dr ammori(if he's your surgeon is very strict)...but very good x

He most likely will be, from what I'm told, and once the funding comes through, my strict but with leeway will become absolutely strict!

Is this what the surgeon / anaesthetist said? It was my thought, too, it is just a different form of nicotine replacement...

Oh, that is good news, I do hope they let me do it at home! Fingers crossed! How long was it until you had the results?

He most likely will be, from what I'm told, and once the funding comes through, my strict but with leeway will become absolutely strict!

I can't remember how long I got results from the sleep test..but Salford don't mess about.
There are other baratric surgeons at Salford,but dr ammori usually does the high risks operations.
Are you on the wait list?

Same here also with Salford recently! I took it home on a Friday, wired up but it was not to bad and I dropped it back on the Monday morning!

I can't remember how long I got results from the sleep test..but Salford don't mess about.
There are other baratric surgeons at Salford,but dr ammori usually does the high risks operations.
Are you on the wait list?

That's good to hear.

I'm not on the wait list, I've got a gynaecological condition which is having my approach taken a bit differently. I honestly don't know much at the moment, things are rather confusing!

Same here also with Salford recently! I took it home on a Friday, wired up but it was not to bad and I dropped it back on the Monday morning!

Really glad to hear this, thanks!

Back