• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"HERE" is the only place I can come today

emma-louise

my new life!!
I say this because I don't always like to talk to my family...I don't want them to worry.
So I keep it all to myself!..but today I thought I'll come here.

I got my appointment through for my CT scan and they sent me in the post a contrast dye to dilute before my appointment to start drinking several times throughout the day.
So even though I've been uncomfortable with these pains..it's going to be a relief to find out some answers hopefully.
Whether its a twisted bowel or whatever!
As long as its an answer to why I find it hard to sit/crouch/bend after a length of time I get uncomfy.

I never suffered with any kind of stomach issues before my bypass,so it does feel like I've replaced one problem with another.
And in all honesty that's what's bothering me most.
I had this bypass done thinking all will be great,and it really was for the first year or so..
But then I started to be limited on how active I can be..before these pains kicked in.

I don't regret my surgery for one minute...I can climb to the top bunk bed now!!..lol
And not get wedged in a bath!..or knock things flying with my was huge *rse!
And having gone from my 24 top 26 bottom to 12/14 bottom 10/12 top I'm very proud and a lot more confident.
I suppose I'm wondering when I have this scan done,will it pick up everything?
As the surgeon I seen made feel like my issues was nothing and all in my head???
And in a receng letter he described me explaning my pains as "ill defined"
I was a bit annoyed at that,as I've never suffered with any type of pain like this before I had my bypass,so I don't know how to explain the pains!!

Anyway I feel better a bit for writing this,
I'm just having an off day I think x

My dad had twisted bowel and that was a medical emergency which required an immediate operation to sort out :(
At least they are investigating your pain, good luck
xx

I hope you do get some answers - and I know what you mean about swapping one problem for another. I had a recent scare myself and although the biopsy came back clean I found myself wondering whether it was a result of my bypass, despite it having made such a positive difference to my life.

I hope you do get some answers - and I know what you mean about swapping one problem for another. I had a recent scare myself and although the biopsy came back clean I found myself wondering whether it was a result of my bypass, despite it having made such a positive difference to my life.

I'm pleased your results came back clean yvessa.
And I know these pains have got to be a result of my bypass as I've never experienced stomach problems previous to my bypass.
Even though I'm experiencing all this I remind myself the aches and pains I had when I was a big too.

It must be hard :( hopefully they will sort it out - pain doesn't happen without a reason but the medical community are so quick to dismiss it just because they don't know the answer.

I say this because I don't always like to talk to my family...I don't want them to worry.
So I keep it all to myself!..but today I thought I'll come here.

I got my appointment through for my CT scan and they sent me in the post a contrast dye to dilute before my appointment to start drinking several times throughout the day.
So even though I've been uncomfortable with these pains..it's going to be a relief to find out some answers hopefully.
Whether its a twisted bowel or whatever!
As long as its an answer to why I find it hard to sit/crouch/bend after a length of time I get uncomfy.

I never suffered with any kind of stomach issues before my bypass,so it does feel like I've replaced one problem with another.
And in all honesty that's what's bothering me most.
I had this bypass done thinking all will be great,and it really was for the first year or so..
But then I started to be limited on how active I can be..before these pains kicked in.

I don't regret my surgery for one minute...I can climb to the top bunk bed now!!..lol
And not get wedged in a bath!..or knock things flying with my was huge *rse!
And having gone from my 24 top 26 bottom to 12/14 bottom 10/12 top I'm very proud and a lot more confident.
I suppose I'm wondering when I have this scan done,will it pick up everything?
As the surgeon I seen made feel like my issues was nothing and all in my head???
And in a receng letter he described me explaning my pains as "ill defined"
I was a bit annoyed at that,as I've never suffered with any type of pain like this before I had my bypass,so I don't know how to explain the pains!!

Anyway I feel better a bit for writing this,
I'm just having an off day I think x

I had several hernias before and after my DS, they were not always obvious as in they didn't stick out but I always suffered horrendous pain with each one of them. Anxiety made them worse, the more tense I got the more my bowl would contract and thus cause the hernia weakness to clench the trapped bit of my anatomy and cause pain, that most of the time required hospital intervention. Could be a hernia?

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

good luck hun, hope you get sorted out x

I had several hernias before and after my DS, they were not always obvious as in they didn't stick out but I always suffered horrendous pain with each one of them. Anxiety made them worse, the more tense I got the more my bowl would contract and thus cause the hernia weakness to clench the trapped bit of my anatomy and cause pain, that most of the time required hospital intervention. Could be a hernia?

Anna x.

You know Anna,
When I get anxious the pain definefly makes them worse.
I think that's why my local gp went down the route of IBS,
The surgeon had a feel for port site hernias but that's it.
I just hope this CT scan shows something up,I'm just can't bear not being able to bend and do a simple jigsaw with my kids and me being in pain 20 mins after.

You know Anna,
When I get anxious the pain definefly makes them worse.
I think that's why my local gp went down the route of IBS,
The surgeon had a feel for port site hernias but that's it.
I just hope this CT scan shows something up,I'm just can't bear not being able to bend and do a simple jigsaw with my kids and me being in pain 20 mins after.

I was treated for IBS with buscopan for months, it took a hernia surgeon to see me before I was given the right scan and it showed the weakness in the muscle walls. I had three in the same area, the smaller the hole the more painful as it only takes a bit of bowl to slip through and become trapped. I had a constant ache but when it kicked off I'd end up in hospital. One year I was admitted 5 times then finally operated on.

Buscopan is what I'm taking for the pain at the minute,I wish I'd been able to describe the pain a little bit better to the doctor.
Maybe then he'd have some idea of what to look for.

Back