• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2yrs Since Bypass and a bit fed up..advice needed

If there's anyone else that has some medical info to why wind/bloating happens after a gastric bypass I'd be grateful.
Ive looked on you tube and I can only find out about gas after a bypass ..
I really want to find what meds can be used or practical help.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but are your bowel movements "normal"? They're not floating and oily at all?

Wibble said:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but are your bowel movements "normal"? They're not floating and oily at all?

Hi

Quite normal,I'm quite regular Infact,more now after this op.
The oily only happens if I've had a case of dumping!

Mine are never oily I have very little fat in my diet haven't for years, and low sugar. I can find no pattern I wonder if saometimes our tubes just kink up and thats what the problem is? x

chrisa said:
Mine are never oily I have very little fat in my diet haven't for years, and low sugar. I can find no pattern I wonder if saometimes our tubes just kink up and thats what the problem is? x

I thought exactly the same!
Because my worse pains happens when I'm bending or doing physical things

I suffer from bloating. Stomach swells up, goes hard and is painful. I can't eat any bread at all, but seem to be ale to eat a bit of sponge cake, can't eat pastry. Had one bite of nan bread a few weeks ago and within 20 minutes was crippled. I can't figure out what the common factor is. At first I thought white flour , but the sponge cake seems to rule that out . I'm wondering if it is yeast. I can eat crispbreads no problems.
I have been permanently constipated since my bypass. I have to constantly od on movecol and senna to get any movement-and it's a case of ALL or nothing if you get my drift.
I'm wondering if a colonic irrigation would help but it's expensive and I think the embarrassment might actually kill me.
I'm 15 months out and weight loss has slowed to about a pound a month no matter what I do.

It is a strange thing n we are all different, our bidies are very complex and we may never find out what is or has caused these awful bouts. I had had cream crackers the other mornign when i had it so i don't know either. xx

I agree Chris, i find things very unpredictable still. Some days I can eat quite a bit, other days not a lot, sometimes I eat then feel very tired, some days I'm so knackered I can hardly drag myself out of bed and others I'm hyperactive and can't be still. I'm finding my new body very strange- the way I look, the way it feels and the things it does !
Strange- but oh so much better than before
xx

Miss Tickle said:
I agree Chris, i find things very unpredictable still. Some days I can eat quite a bit, other days not a lot, sometimes I eat then feel very tired, some days I'm so knackered I can hardly drag myself out of bed and others I'm hyperactive and can't be still. I'm finding my new body very strange- the way I look, the way it feels and the things it does !
Strange- but oh so much better than before
xx

I could have wrote this myself x
How long post op are you?
I'm 2 years and no day is the same x

I'm 15 months out Emma and struggling to get off the last few pounds to a normal BMI. I'm not even sure we should pay too much attention to BMI charts' though, as I have excess skin on my tum, bum, thighs, arms and back and to be honest, I'm not sure there's a lot of fat left anywhere!

Last edited:
Miss Tickle said:
I'm 15 months out Emma and struggling to get off the last few pounds to a normal BMI. I'm not even sure we should pay too much attention to 's as I have excess skin on my tum, bum, thighs, arms and back and to be honest, I'm not sure there's a lot of fat left anywhere!

Well Ive not lost anything for ages,due to a liutle excess skin I don't think I can go smaller
What is you size now if you don't mind me asking,my bmi is 30 was 50.1 wish I could get it to 25!

I am a year and 2 month post and I am exactly 15 stone. I still have away to go but don't know how far my body will go down I was 14 stone on leaving school and a size 18 right upto getting married, lost a little and was 13 st 5lb when i got pregnant the 1st time, so really 14 stone would be good. I do have some loose flesh but its not too bad. I had bad varicose veins on my legs and i think they look much worse now. Ooohhh the joys of wls. The thing I think that amazes me most is our brain still letting us believe we are really big, you see a gap you need to be through and you think that will be a tight squeeze well it may have been once over then you go through without touching the sides with room to spare, its like we can't judge things anymore, our bodies are still thinking big. Shop windows are strange when you see yourself walking by you have to look twice and inside you think is that me I do look slimmer. Eyes n head not playing together. xx

Well Ive not lost anything for ages,due to a liutle excess skin I don't think I can go smaller
What is you size now if you don't mind me asking,my bmi is 30 was 50.1 wish I could get it to 25!

EL, I am 12 stone 8 as of this morning. Clothes sizes are a bit of a mystery and mostly I seem to be a size 12 on the bottom and a 12-14 on top. I think I'd best be described as a size 13. I am 5 ft 10 ins so think a size 12 is plenty small enough. However, as Chrissie says the head and body are not in sync. I see myself in a shop window and think ,my God you're thin, then I look down at my legs ( which now fit in standard calf boots and size 12 jeans and think- OMG, your thighs and hips are massive.
I have to give myself a right good talking too !

Hi,
The 'gas' is caused by the food being digested lower down the digestive tract, and the enzymes and bacteria in this area, give off the gas as a byproduct of doing this extra work. (The stomach and the intestines usually a do a lot of the work before the food gets this far). Water, fibre and exercise are important factors in alleviating the build up. However, it could be caused by a reaction to certain foods. In conclusion, I would suggest keep up with the water intake, increase fibre and activity and keep a food diary so that you can monitor what sets off an attack.

chrisa said:
I am a year and 2 month post and I am exactly 15 stone. I still have away to go but don't know how far my body will go down I was 14 stone on leaving school and a size 18 right upto getting married, lost a little and was 13 st 5lb when i got pregnant the 1st time, so really 14 stone would be good. I do have some loose flesh but its not too bad. I had bad varicose veins on my legs and i think they look much worse now. Ooohhh the joys of wls. The thing I think that amazes me most is our brain still letting us believe we are really big, you see a gap you need to be through and you think that will be a tight squeeze well it may have been once over then you go through without touching the sides with room to spare, its like we can't judge things anymore, our bodies are still thinking big. Shop windows are strange when you see yourself walking by you have to look twice and inside you think is that me I do look slimmer. Eyes n head not playing together. xx

Hi I had the same problem with veins and have had mine lasered. Pain free took about 40 mins. Can't wait to get my other leg done x

Back