• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All

Welcome Kat! We are being banded on the same weekend so please keep us up to date on progress!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hey Kat, what surgery did u decide on?

Hi Caren

I decided on a band as the posts on pose on this website put me off. After talking to the dietician today, it was definitely the right choice as she says all of her patients are very disappointed!

Kat, did the dietician say what her band patients felt? Happy or disappointed?

I have my pre- op assessment tomorrow - nervous!

Hi welcome and good luck, looking forward to hearing your weight loss updates

Karen, she said that band people are sometimes disappointed initially as they think they will lose tonnes of weight straight away... She said that I wouldn't start losing weight consistently until the second / third fill. She said most people do well as long as they are compliant and realistic which makes perfect sense to me!

Kat - thanks for the response. I'm one of those impatient people who wants it all to fall off immediately :))

My pre-op is tomorrow and the op on Sunday.

Kat - I'm having a band at the Chelsfield under mr el-hasani.

Ponte is pontefract but I don't live there anymore.

One day before mine then - we can compare notes! What's your start weight?

101.3kg (I like kgs more than stones and pounds, they are harder to work out) lol

We're not that far off each other weight-wise either. Fingers crossed we get to where we want to be.

Kat: welcome, and I'm so glad you decided on the band rather than the POSE which, as you rightly surmise, has had rather poor press and people aren't so happy with the results. There was a woman at my support group who'd had it several months previously and hadn't lost an ounce!!

Back