• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All

Kat D

Like many others I have been reading all your posts over the last few weeks with great interest. I am paying privately for WLS which will hopefully occur at the end of Jan 2012. Depending on the results of a barium swallow (to assess the size of my hiatus hernia) I will be having a POSE or a band. My biggest fear is that it won't work and I will have wasted my money but I am determined to do my best to work with the surgery and lose aprox 4 stone... :)

Welcome Kat
There are alot of people on here to help you through all your fears. I'm sure you will be fine try not to worry too much:)

Hello Kat, I have lost 2.5 stones since my heaviest so have all the confidence it WILL work. Who ll be ur provider? Good luck and any questions just ask xxx

Hi! Welcome to this forum, I've only been here a week myself but have found it a very friendly & welcoming place to be! :)

welcome Kat and good luck :) xxx

Hi welcome n good luck hun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks everyone. I am hoping the have the op at the spire in Leeds by Mr Sarela. I can't wait. Apart from brief (brief being the pertinent word) successes with diets over the years, I have been overweight since I was a kid. I am now in a size 22 and can't stand it. I don't want to be lat thin, I would love to be a size 14 / 16 and be able to buy clothes in any shop. :)

Hello n welcome. wls is not the miracle cure it's made out to be, but with the right frame of mind and sound dietary behaviour it will be. all the best xxx

Hiya welcome n good luck x

Really appreciate the realism so thanks phatmomma. Just got appt for barium swallow tomorrow at ten. First step....

Hi Kat. Welcome to the site, there are lots of people who have all been through similar and willing to help new members every step of the way.

I had the Band in mid-July and have lost over 5 stones with the Band as back-up to my will-power. I have gone down from a size 24/26 to a 16 over the past five months...so I am sure you can achieve your goals too! GOOD LUCK X

That's amazing Flutterby. I am impressed!! I will hopefully have my band on feb 4th.

Have been for pre op assessment and meeting with the dietician today. Am soooo excited! Op is on Saturday. Managing to stick to the pre op diet. Feeling good at the moment! :)

hiya, welcome to the site xxx

Hope everything goes well with ur op on saturday and u have a quick recovery xx

Hi welcome to this site hun and hope everything goes well xx

Back