• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hernias before op

Alex1977

Hi all hope everyone had a good christmas. Just wondering if anyone had a hernia around your bellybutton before they had their Bypass surgery and how it was dealt with? I initally started this journey 2 1/2 years ago after having my baby girland was going to see about a hernia op which i still have and is quite a fair size now (my hubbie says i could make my own Alien film) and was recommended to have bypass surgery. would they do both ops together or not? i suppose i could ask tomorrow at my one stop clinic but i was just interested to hear if anyone else was in this situation too. xx

Hi I have an alien too!My surgeon wont operate on it till I have had wls and the weight has gone down,ditto my prolapse!Maz x

a friend of mine who used to be on here had two hernias and they did both op's together, it took a bit longer to recover but she is doing great now.

i would have thought they'd do both together...i'm in in 2 weeks time to get my hernia fixed, it's only shown itself since i've lost my weight, and it's a biggun, gonna be meshed, the hole is about 2 inches across, quite a biggy, my sister Angie saw and felt it, and said she'd never seen owt like it!! :eek:

I have heard of hernia's being sorted at the same time a s having RNY but i havent personally experienced it.

Back