• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

babies

ilovemy5babies

Hi im just looking for personnel expierences,
me and my hubbie were talking about having one more baby maybe but not till after ive had my surgery (if i ever get it lol) im waiting to hear about a bypass, as anyone on here any advice to give and if you ve had a baby since having surgery?
and was your pregnancy just the same as before or are you more high risk?
thanks for reading :family2: x

Am currently expecting post bypass. i fell pregnant 8 months post op, and was only 5lbs off my target at the time. Since then I've lost more weight, and that has been the biggest struggle. My consultants have said that they expect me to gain during the pregnancy, but less than a 'normal' woman would. So far I'm 1 stone down. Trying to maintain my weight is hard, and I am eating constantly.

My ob-gyn and wls consultant see no greater risk to me because of the bypass, I have to have my bloods done more often to monitor vitamins and minerals etc, but that's all. If anything, this pregnancy is healthier as my kidney function is normal now (it wasn't pre-op), but I am high risk anyway cos of my medical problems so it's hard to compare really.

Hope that helps, I don't know anyone else on here who has had a baby post op sorry.

thanks shelbell. thats what worrys me most loosing all the weight then putting it all back on
my hubbies the one who wants another baby more than me, i think 5 is quite enough lol but hes always broody
good luck with your baby xx

thanks shelbell. thats what worrys me most loosing all the weight then putting it all back on
my hubbies the one who wants another baby more than me, i think 5 is quite enough lol but hes always broody
good luck with your baby xx

Its not your hubby who's body has to go through another pregnancy!!

Its your decision at the end of the day, if you get pregnant again you will have to wait at least another 2 years before you can have surgery....9 months of pregnancy and then a young baby at home to care for, would you have enough help from friends or family to help you look after 6 children and YOU

Its up to you at the end of the day, maybe its time you thought of yourself and put yourself 1st, another pregnancy means more weight....more weight to loose on top of what you already have to loose

Its a decision only you can make!

My husband and I have been having this discussion as well as we don't feel done yet. Both my GP and consultant OB have said the surgery would not make me any higher risk than I would already be due to other medical problems. If anything, they said most patients are healthier.

I have never been able to get preganant and one of the many reasons I had a gastric bypass was to be able to have a baby. At my check-up with my consultant 7 months post-op I was encouraged to start trying for a baby! My consultant said that I was more fit than I ever had been in my adult life so I should get to it!

HTH,
Nic:D

I feel a bit broody reading this thread, but my baby days are over.

I'm 41 and my baby is almost 20 :).

One of the main reason i had the band fitted was to loose weight so that i would hopefully have healthier pregnancies in the future.

When i get to target its 'Baby Time!' :)

hes not pressuring me anything, we were just thinking of the future
kate x

Oh no no no no no I wasn't saying he was pressuring you into having another baby, my hubby would love me to have more children (we have 3 already) and I would love another one but I have to have sections and sometimes wonder whether I want to put myself through another 9 months of pure hell (hospitalised with every pregnancy due to sickness & dehydration) and another section.

I think its maybe 'me' time now, get my pre pregnancy figure back and start enjoying size 10/12 clothes again, going out at the weekends and not being paranoid about my size etc

If I have another baby im starting all over again with weight etc

Good luck to all that want to make there families bigger Personally I would rather stick hot pins in my eyes than have anymore children One is plenty for me and she is 17 this month and has left home Life is bliss lol

Good luck to all that want to make there families bigger Personally I would rather stick hot pins in my eyes than have anymore children One is plenty for me and she is 17 this month and has left home Life is bliss lol

i couldnt agree with you more teen my only son is 8 now, dont get me wrong i love him to bits but i never wanna do it again i personally wasnt suited to the baby stage. im just starting to get my life back now i dont wanna be stuck in all the time listening to bawling all day long, been there done that got the hat and the T shirt.

good luck to everyone wanting a baby. i hope it works out for you all xxx

One of the main reason i had the band fitted was to loose weight so that i would hopefully have healthier pregnancies in the future.

When i get to target its 'Baby Time!' :)
it was the same for me the main reason i decided on wls was to have a healthy pregnancy (hopefully) for my third one. i was over 20stone when i got pregnant with both my girls and had high risk pregnancies mainly due to the weight (but thankfully fast easy deliveries!) and as a (not working)midwife i realise the health benefits in loosing the weight before pregnancy this time!!

good luck with getting your surgery and to more babies! xx

My baby days are over too. The grandchildren are the only ones I want lol. Good luck to all you lovely ladies that do want to have a baby (or another) and I hope the weight loss surgery helps you to succeed in your plans for a family. I loved being pregnant and if it was'nt for the fact I had 3 close together so finances were a little tight, I honestly think I'd have had a couple more.

good luck all you girls that are hoping for babies after WLS...I can't help but feeling envious :jelous:

I'm just 44 and our Son is almost 17...myself being one of 5 children, I always thought that we would have more than one baby but it never happened and Hubby didn't really want any more :cry:
don't get me wrong... the 3 of us are really happy, I love Hubby and Son very much but always wished that we'd had just one more :sigh:

now we spend our time advising Son that we're too young to be Grandparents and giving contraception advice :eek:

Yvonne xx

awww red its lovely just the 3 of you, you must be close
i just cant seem to make my mind up when too stop but have 5 lovely healthy children to be grateful for and im a very proud mum
good luck to everyone wanting for babies xxx:family2:

Good luck to everyone wanting a baby after wls, may you be blessed with you wishes. There is no greater feeling in the world.

I wish I could have had more than the 2 I have...I always wanted 4 for some reason...I did not however want to beat my Nana's record of 15 children...My Dad was the youngest.

I have my gorgeous grand daughters (pics on profile) who are the love of our lives...(we can't see them any more though and that kills me).

Even at 52 I still get that broody feeling when I see a new born....but these days I'd but a Shih tzu to console myself...lol.

But all the best of luck to the ladies who want babies.

(((hugs)))

hi snow my mams bro had 12 kids and he could cutt off from the noise after he came home from work lol, i aint got the same genetics id be in a nutt house lol x

im no mary poppins me :D

Back