• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Target, appendicitis, hernias and hospitals!

simplylucy

I posted last week to share my excitement of getting to my target weight and to also share that I'd spent the week in hospital.

Well I became very I'll again on Sunday and ended up back in hospital on drips to rehydrated me and morphine for the pain.

On Wednesday I was transferred from Exeter to Taunton so I could be seen/operated on by Mr Welbourn who'd done my bypass.

After lots of reviews and looking at scans to look for internal hernias I was taken to theatre at 5.15pm last night.

It turns out that I had appendicitis after all, so out came my appendix, then they spent 3 hours removing adhesions and scar tissues that had webbed across my bowel causing loops and making it look like hernias on the x-rays!!

After a night of morphine I'm now home, with 4 holes in my tummy, feeling a little tender. But I feel fabulous!!! Having been in server pain for 12 days I was feeling very depressed and spaced out on pain killers. Was also beginning to wonder what on earth was wrong with me!

Oh and I lost even more weight! Down to 9st 4lb now, but after 12 days of clear fluids I'm hardly surprised.

Going to take me a few weeks to build myself up again and get a few lb's back on ( never thought I'd have to say that)!

Oh no , poor you Lucy ! Glad they got to the bottom of the problem
. speedy recovery hun xx

Glad to read that you are on the road to recovery. You sound like you have been through the wringer this last week or so. Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery from your operation. :)

:) Hi, well lets hope its all sorted for you now, you must have been in lots of pain. Glad you are home and feeling better than you did:):):)

So glad they resolved the problem & it was nothing to do with your bypass in the end. Those pesky appendix it's a wonder they don't take them out automatically as soon as is sensible after we are born they cause nothing but trouble. As a 10 yr old I had mine out but not until it had become so inflamed it had moved to around my kidney and burst, the knock on effect was a blocked Fallopian tube & resultant fertility problems. All they told my mum back then was it was constipation keep me home for a few days, 3 days later I was in an ambulance on my way to hospital & the theatre for surgery. Due to the toxins released I was very ill for about 2wks only then making a slow recovery. My scar was inflamed & burst twice for accumulated matter to escape.
I'm so glad it didn't get to that stage for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Back