• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey old time banders!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
I was wondering at what point you had good restriction?
I know everyones different, and that it changes, but I'd like to know.
I have 6.4 mls in my band (as of today) so I was thinking do your bands need to be almost full to be perfect, if you know what I mean!
Cheers xxxx

I was wondering at what point you had good restriction?
I know everyones different, and that it changes, but I'd like to know.
I have 6.4 mls in my band (as of today) so I was thinking do your bands need to be almost full to be perfect, if you know what I mean!
Cheers xxxx

Hello there

Your band doesnt need to be filled to almost full before you get to you sweetspot, everyone is different to what fills they can tolerate and what size bands ppl have . I know some ppl who have a 10mil band in and only filled too 6 and thats their sweet spot. Mine is filled to 5 mil and I have a 7 mil band in, and I wont need another fill as long as the band keeps doing its job. hth Julie xx

Hmm restriction, the much talked about and wished for state for banders. To me good restriction is feeling full on low fat healthy band friendly small meals. I think we can get too hung up on this magical sweet spot and pin all our weight loss hopes on getting to it. Instead of making the changes we need to our diets to help us along the way.

I felt my type of really good restriction as soon as my band was fitted and didnt have a fill until over 4 months later. Just the very fact that I was eating so much less meant that I lost most of my weight with just one fill. I was however eating very healthy foods, sticking to the no bread, rice and pasta, protein first etc rules - and managing more than tea plate sized portions.

As time went on and my stomach (and the fat around it no doubt) shrunk I needed it tightened as I had stopped losing weight.

It wasnt until my last fill 8.5 mils in a 9 mil band where I am only eating bander sized meals and feeling full.

Everyone is different though and I remember just after I had my op people saying over and over again how they had no restriction when more often than not it was a combination of eating the wrong things and a lack of will power to change this.

I hope this fill gives you what you feel you need, especially as it was a painful experience for you! xx

mazza and julie know their stuff!!

Back