• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what do you eat in an average day - after band

but Im still dissapointed with it letting me eat what i can. :-( x

IT does not control your hands, IT does not make you make the right choices.

YOU do.

When you had the op, did you not get dietary advice,how to make this tool work for you.

its the denser drier foods that keep you fuller longer, if they are pinful to eat, eat smaller mouthfuls, really slow down.

A meal should take 20 mins ish, this gives your brain a chance to catch up with your stomach. My surgeon said to me and I will always remember this. If a meal is hot when you finished, you ate too fast.

I think you need to go back to see your provider, tell them you need help with dietary advice and that you are eating more than you know you should.

You can make this work but if you get the mindset that this has been a waste of time, it will be harder, as you will go back and do what got you there in the first place.

Time to take stock, you have lost over 2 stone, thats a really good acheivement, try and keep focused on that and why you did this op.

Good luck with everything:)

good advice from Cazbandy x

hey - nope, not a big butter fan (before or after), not drinking with meals. not sloppy sloppy foods with lots of sauce.

not particularly on liquid / puree before and after a fill, but not been told to by surgeon, just been told to take it easy, which i do - usually dont eat that night and have soup the next day, usually ish.

i do get the 'knot / fist' that your talking about - if i dont pay attention and dont chew. but if i pay attention and chew i can eat away...nothing hurts etc.

my theory is that the hole for the food to pass thru, in my case, is still too big. so that, although its restricting me in so much as i cant eat bulky dry things for example. however if i chew food like meant to the consistency that i obvs chew to is allowed to slip freely through the band hole. where i want it is so that i can carry on eating the way i am (i am eating healthy non stupid things) but that the hole is small enough so that stuff cant slip thru it at the rate that i eat.

does that make sense?

from reading around and looking at ppls youtube journey videos etc, it seems that sometimes finding the 'sweet spot' where the fill is just right to do eveything its meant to....it can literally be down to a few mls in or out.

i just want to 'hit the spot' and didnt think i would still be faffing around trying to get it right 5 months in.

thanks for everyones replies tho....much appreciated. i need this.... x

IT does not control your hands, IT does not make you make the right choices.

YOU do.

When you had the op, did you not get dietary advice,how to make this tool work for you.

its the denser drier foods that keep you fuller longer, if they are pinful to eat, eat smaller mouthfuls, really slow down.

A meal should take 20 mins ish, this gives your brain a chance to catch up with your stomach. My surgeon said to me and I will always remember this. If a meal is hot when you finished, you ate too fast.

I think you need to go back to see your provider, tell them you need help with dietary advice and that you are eating more than you know you should.

You can make this work but if you get the mindset that this has been a waste of time, it will be harder, as you will go back and do what got you there in the first place.

Time to take stock, you have lost over 2 stone, thats a really good acheivement, try and keep focused on that and why you did this op.
http://img110.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2010/01/16/3a842117182e97539b8ebe0069ab476e.gif

hey - sorry i dont know how to quote in replys....

to cazbandy..... i know its me that put the stuff in my mouth, but if my band was doing its job and restricting amounts i could put in, i wouldnt be able to keep swallowing....hence wouldnt try.

im not forcing food down, im not eating through pain etc.

hence my problem - if i can put it in and know it will go down without any trouble, i (generally) will. not always. im not constantly eating. but when i have a 'binge moment' the damn band is not sto[pping me. and it should. by definition, the band should restrict the amount of food that can be eaten.

mine isnt......

im going to ask about xray etc. but like i said, im pretty sure hes going to tell me to see how the next fill goes.

i hope the next fill 'does what it says on the tin'.... really really hope it does.

x

Back