• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi nervous newbie here

Tinkerbelle64

Hi Ive just been given my surgery date and it's only 2 weeks away eeek
Ive been seeing the dietician for 18 months then seen surgeon and put on the
List in January,got a phone call on Friday telling me operation is on 21st March
Just over 2 weeks away I was so excited now nerves are setting in,is that normal?
I'm on day 2 of post op diet and already finding it hard,I'm scared I won't lose enough to shrink my liver and all sorts of thoughts are going through my head lol what if I get to the operating table and my livers not shrunk enough I feel silly thinking like that.has anyone else had these thoughts?
Any advice,tips would be so welcome.xx

Hi, welcome and congratulations on getting your date.

Nerves are all very normal and I found the pre-op diet got easier as the days went by.

If you know you are sticking to the pre-op diet I wouldn't go anywhere near the scales. The success of the pre-op diet bears little relation to the figures on there. I lost very little on the pre-op diet but my liver was the size and consistency of a house elf's pancake on the day (and don't feel silly worrying about things like that, I think most of us did xx)

Good luck with it all xx

Just wanted to say hi and good luck, I think its normal to worry about your liver not shrinking enough, where in Brum are you, I'm here too but not lived here very long :)

hello tinkerbell
well done on finding a great site
good luck with your up coming date

hiya and welcome.im on the 20th march.started the diet on Thursday.not doing too bad I am on the carb diet,cant do dairy one.iam feeling the exact same at the miniute.iam weighing portions and everything it says.there seems to be ok meals in this plan.i weighed myself this morning.and seem to have lost 5 pound.but up to yesterday lost none.we will see.you take care and good luck.keep in touch on the website it is a great site.great and helpful people soohoo

Hi tinkerbell64 . Congratulations your on your way . I was exactly the same I had my op on 24 th February no going on purée stage . I was paranoid that my liver wouldn't shrink but it did as long as you follow the diet and don't get on the scales as I did and thought I wasn't losing it but you do believe it or not . Stay positive you'll be amazed good luck and let me know how you get on. ?

Hi thank you all for your replys,I've only just worked out how to reply to the threads lol
Today is 3rd day of pre op diet I'm trying the meal replacement diet so I'm using slim fast.its a gastric bypass I'm haveing,I was hopeing for the band or sleeve but surgeon suggested bypass was for me.
My emotions are all over the place I get tears for no reason and I'm snappy I really don't like myself like this at the moment but I've got to push on end result will be worth it :)
This sight is great I've read lots of threads and everyone is so friendly and supportive it's great.xx

Butterfly_lady
Hi I'm in ward end B8,where about in Birmingham are you? I'm haveing Bypass at Heartlands Hospital.xx

Butterfly_lady
Hi I'm in ward end B8,where about in Birmingham are you? I'm haveing Bypass at Heartlands Hospital.xx

I'm B32 Quinton/Harborne area I had my bypass at the Spire in Solihull xx

Butterfly i am in Halesowen having mine on the 17th . Its going to be an exciting next few months

Oh not far at all I was there yesterday popped to Asda then to New Look to collect my order :)

Thank you everyone for the advice,I wrote a nice long thank you but I must've done or pressed something wrong as it has dnt appeared on here.ill find my way round the site eventually lol.x

its normal to worry there would be something wrong with us if we didnt its a life changing thing we are doing and as with all life changing events there is an element of worry im sure after a few days you will be so busy with pre op preperations like packing etc the worry will change to nerves good luck

Back