• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all only just found this site

Bling Babe

I have my op on 17th at L&D very excited
Hi and welcome which surgery are you having? I had a bypass at Luton in April 2018 and have no regrets although I do miss the food that got me into the position of needing wls and my head still wants huge portions but Percy (my pouch) obviously won’t let me, it’s far from easy but definitely no regrets, keep posting, once you reach 100 posts you’ll be able to access a lot of diaries which are in the bronze section of this site, mine included, but there is also lots of other helpful and informative diaries thar you can access before you reach 100 posts, research research and research some more so you are as informed as you possibly can be, good luck. X

Dawn5009

Thanks Bling Babe. I am also having a bypass. Thanks for the tip on posting. I am already missing food just doing the pre-op milk diet and thinking of things i will never eat again. I need to find a hobby to take my mind off food lol.

Parsnip

Hi and welcome xx

Bling Babe

Thanks Bling Babe. I am also having a bypass. Thanks for the tip on posting. I am already missing food just doing the pre-op milk diet and thinking of things i will never eat again. I need to find a hobby to take my mind off food lol.
Aw bless you, I found the milk diet fairly easy but pre-op I did mourn food I thought I’d never eat again but I ca eat just about anything it’s just about keeping it in moderation and I do try very hard not to give in to cakes, biscuits and chocolate but only because of the macros in them, unfortunately “Percy will happily let me eat them. Xx

Sarnie

Good luck with your op. Don't worry about never eating again, you will, I'm 5 months post op and can eat anything so far without problems, except scrambled egg lol. I eat eggs just not scrambled, how weird is that. I thought the same as you, I'd be on tiny tiny portions of not much of anything, it's not true lol, well not for me it isn't. x

Last edited:

Dawn5009

Hi Sarnie I have read your log and WOW same with Bling and Parsnip you have all done so well. I note you have the same surgeon as me. Did you stay in the hospital 2 nights. Also is it normal to have hair loss. My next hurdle is injecting myself the night b4. I have problems putting drops in my eyes so this will be interesting

Sarnie

Hi Sarnie I have read your log and WOW same with Bling and Parsnip you have all done so well. I note you have the same surgeon as me. Did you stay in the hospital 2 nights. Also is it normal to have hair loss. My next hurdle is injecting myself the night b4. I have problems putting drops in my eyes so this will be interesting
Hi, my stay at L&D was less than 24 hours.
I'm have some slight hair loss now, but I also did last year when I lost a lot of weight on my own, it had just started growing back again and now I'm on to round two lol, but I know it will grow back, so I'm not worried.
I was very anxious about injecting myself and really didn't think I could do it, but I did and the needles are so sharp you don't feel it, you have to pinch the skin really hard, then it's easy and you'll wonder why you were so worried, honestly it's really not that bad, but you'll still be glad to see the back of them all.
I literally just checked the date of your surgery, you will have been done today, I hope it all went well and wish you a speedy recovery, let's us know how you are when you can x