• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All

Hi everyone my name is Matthew and i have just joined your site. Hmm what to say now, ok i am currently waiting to go under the knife at thornbury Hospital in sheffield where they will be giving me a gastric bypass, i am currently on 3 pints of semi skinned milk and 2x 200gram yogurt pots per day with fluid intake of water and diet drinks which do not have any sugar in them, this i have to be honest is driving me mad as i have another week to go b4 they operate on me, thou i have been having the odd hot water and oxo cube to keep me going.

When i was weighed at the hospital i hit the 27 stone mark and yes all that weight is my own fault, thou i have been having numerous issues with walking owing to slipping in boots chemist and a few other accidents over the years, did i mention my middle name is "lucky".

Anyway i thought i would drop in and say hello and have a read of your posts which to be honest will prob keep me quiet now for many hours.

best regards Matthew

ohh any questions you want to ask me please feel free to do so.
hi matthew welcome to minis and can i say my wife went in thornbury for a band,well pleased they been great before and after, so good look mate,please let us no how you get on,because im having bypass 23rd sept 09:)

hi and welcome to mini's

Good luck with your pre op diet and your up coming surgery:)

Hi Mat and welcome to MM, congrats to ya that ur op is just round the corner thats fab, ur pre op is so worth it as u get ur prize in a weeks time.
Dont worry bout what ur weight is, i 2 was 27 stone just 10 weeks ago but have lost some weight the past few months, i am just on the first rungs of my wls journey but look forward reading bout your journey.
Take care and chat soon xxx

Hello Matt and welcome. I was bypassed 10 weeks ago and have lost six stone in that time. Has to be the best thing I have ever done. Good luck with yours.

xx

Hi Matt, I'm at Thornbury on 19th August for a bypass. When is your op? I might see you there!

xxx

Lol you will see me there I go in on the 17th for the op but will be there from the 16th owing to the distance i have to travel to get there lol, I am so hoping this hospital has wireless connections lol

Matt76

Heres is a quickie for every1 am i cheating on this diet if i add an oxo cube to water to drink instead of the normal coffee and milk?

Nuts lol just found out the oxo cube is not allowed, ohh well back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Hi Matt, Welcome to the site. You've done so well losing so much weight already. I'm looking forward to reading your journey. I'll have to catch up when I get back as I'm off on my hols on Sat and not sure if I'll get wifi access.

I don't know if you're cheating adding an oxo cube. The only thing I would say is that it contains salt and salt is known to cause water retention. I don't know if this could affect the liver though?

All the best Rebirth

im a bander, just wanted to say welcome and good luck xxx

Lol you will see me there I go in on the 17th for the op but will be there from the 16th owing to the distance i have to travel to get there lol, I am so hoping this hospital has wireless connections lol

Matt76

Heres is a quickie for every1 am i cheating on this diet if i add an oxo cube to water to drink instead of the normal coffee and milk?

Nuts lol just found out the oxo cube is not allowed, ohh well back to the drawing board.

I emailed them about wireless but havent had a reply yet :confused:

See you next week maybe!

xxx

Looking forward to meeting u if i am still there :) just hoping i havent blown it by having the oxo cubes in hot water, fingers crossed .

Matthew

Looking forward to meeting u if i am still there :) just hoping i havent blown it by having the oxo cubes in hot water, fingers crossed .

Matthew

you'll be fine!!

Back