• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone - anyone had Mr MacAdam At Spire Wirral

Hi guys, sorry to be a pain again asking more questions. I received my letter the other day with a pre-op form in etc. I noticed that it said "Consultant Mr Macadam" @ Spire Wirral. I was a little confused because when i was at Dr News clinic i was told that my bypass would be done by Mr Ammori at Spire Mancester?!?! So i am just looking for a bit of feedback if anyone has any info that would be fantastic, many thanks xxxxx :D:D:D:D

BlueDiamond

Could it be his protege perhaps ????? AND YOUR NOT A PAIN (LOL) ITS QUITE ALRIGHT TO ASK AS MANY QUESTIONS AS U LIKE, THATS WOT E1 IS HERE FOR TO HELP AND SUPPORT YOU....DONT EVER BE AFRAID TO ASK OK.................. X X

oh thanks yasmin-samara,
less of a waiting list sounds fantastic to me!! do you mind if i ask what you had done and how are you??
Thanks a million for the replies i really appreciate it xxx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hi Sue,

I've just been transferred from Spire macclesfield to Spire murrayfield (wirral) for the rest of my post op care (at my request), so I'll be meeting one of the surgeon's next week. It's a nice hospital, my hubbs had foot surgery there a few weeks ago. Also, it's just up the road from my house :D

yasmine-samara

I dont mind you asking at all!!

I had the duodenal switch procedure on the 5th May and I feel great. still getting a little bit of pain from a couple of my ports on exertion but I have probably been doing too much. Nothing a couple of painkillers won't sort out. I just have 2 in the morning and 2 late evening now.

I think that being determined to get back on my feet asap and making sure I didn't feel sorry for myself went a long way and I have been really positive from the off. I'm too stubborn for my own good sometimes. I even went shopping 5 days after surgery 'cos I needed to get out of the house!!!

I am really pleased with my weight loss so far. I'm down 33lb already. I lost 11lb the week before my surgery on my pre op diet so that is my total so far!!

Good luck
xxxx

I

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Sue, just to follow up, I met Mr Barry and the dietician at spire murrayfield today and they were both lovely. Very nice people, very reassuring, and I am chuffed that I've been transferred to their care. You're in good hands :)

:D Thanks Shellbel for thinking about me - thats great news. I go for my pre-op appointment on Monday. i am ver lucky becasue its in blackpool (were i live) so not far to go. Thats great that you only have to go down the road now for your appointments. Thanks again xxxx